+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return Of Notts Match Day Bet Competition

Just about got the feeling back in my hands and feet. I've known colder nights at the Lane but I was younger then. Thermal gloves, socks and long johns do help, though. It was a case of mission accomplished last night. A win was essential following the other results yesterday afternoon.

Here's the updated table.

Name:  Table 22.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  59.0 KB

A good time to move into a playoff spot before the two week break. A good time to refresh, take stock and look for YAPs against Sarfend.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    A good time to move into a playoff spot before the two week break. A good time to refresh, take stock and look for YAPs against Sarfend.
    I'm dropping down the table faster than Gudjon Thordarrson.

Blimey I've fallen out of the play off spots. Need to put a run together sharpish!

How many "also rans" are there or am I on my own? anyway it's a sprint not a marathon or summat like that. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    How many "also rans" are there or am I on my own? anyway it's a sprint not a marathon or summat like that. COYP
    Definitely not on you own. I’m down with the dead men also. However as you say it’s not a sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    That would be interesting to know, but I suspect some only give a prediction occasionally so lose a YAP every time they don't. As a gambling man I find that unforgivable, if you are given a free bet it's criminal not to use it! There can only be one winner of this competition however, and that's 60YearsAPie. It must take a fair bit of effort to keep things up to date, and I think he's found a winning formula with a correct score prediction which has made it very interesting and competitive. I think talking about YAPs will be a part of this board for a long time.

I echo those words, great work from 60YearsAPie.

It's added something extra to the score prediciton thread which got a little silly before the introduction YAP league table.

It's all about the YAPs now baby.

Cheers EP and laddo. I’ve told Santa all I want for Christmas is to see my name on that YAP table. Otherwise, I’m going to let the YAPettes do my predictions for me in the New Year.

In reply to ancient and Cam, two of my fellow Also Rans, I’m curious myself to see how many of us there are, so I’ll look into this over the next couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work 60YAP. The worse thing I ever did was start a fantasy league that I update manually. Had about 120 entrants but now only about a dozen of them regularly update their teams but I still have to factor in all the scores for those who don't bother anymore.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast