+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return Of Notts Match Day Bet Competition

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Keep up the good work 60YAP. The worse thing I ever did was start a fantasy league that I update manually. Had about 120 entrants but now only about a dozen of them regularly update their teams but I still have to factor in all the scores for those who don't bother anymore.
    When I saw the rules and how you scored points for your fantasy league, og, I thought this is going to be complicated. Then when you said you were doing it manually I didn't envy you. I found the original Match Day Bet Competition time consuming, that's why I limited the current competition to just Correct Scores, which is much easier to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    When I saw the rules and how you scored points for your fantasy league, og, I thought this is going to be complicated. Then when you said you were doing it manually I didn't envy you. I found the original Match Day Bet Competition time consuming, that's why I limited the current competition to just Correct Scores, which is much easier to manage.
    Excellent stuff keep up the great work , and if you want to miscalculate my current YAPs to get me closer to the top that would be great !

I would appreciate it if someone can let me know how to get YAPS to Australia? I forgot to put a score in on the last one but I am looking forward to catching dead yoyo magpie ( what on earth does than user name mean?) before the end of the season and taking the title down under. QP.

Here's the odds for the game against Southend. It's a place I've never been to but feel I know the mile-long pier well, having seen Arthur Daley walk along it so many times during the end credits of Minder.

Name:  Game 23.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  38.1 KB

Congratulations to americanpie, Mapperleypie and skandark, who all forecast a 4-1 win for the Magpies, a 28/1 shot, that now sees all 3 in the top 10.

Americanpie has followed queenslandpie’s example of a couple of correct forecasts catapulting him from an ‘Also Ran’ to second place in the table. There’s hope for me yet!

Name:  Table 23.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  61.2 KB

Cheers 60YearsAPie,

If at first you don't succeed...Try ,try ,and try again.... I'm rooting for you !

Looking forward to spending my Christmas YAPs

I’m also still down there with the dead men (and women). I’ve bet every game and clearly I’m shi*e at score predictions. Thank god I’ve always thought gambling’s a mugs game, bookies will always win ……. (Cue Elite et al to contradict me).

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I’m also still down there with the dead men (and women). I’ve bet every game and clearly I’m shi*e at score predictions. Thank god I’ve always thought gambling’s a mugs game, bookies will always win ……. (Cue Elite et al to contradict me).
    I would contradict you on whether gambling is a mug's game, but not on that the bookies always win. They always win in the long term, and correct score predictions must be one of their most profitable markets. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole unless I'm betting with free YAPs, because the odds they offer are very stingy. I don't know how many participate in this admirable and enjoyable competition, but only 10 are showing a profit.

I've clearly missed something - what's a YAP? Are they like *******s but more valuable?

Edit: bytecoins?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I've clearly missed something - what's a YAP? Are they like *******s but more valuable?

Edit: bytecoins?
    Seriously, what's a YAP? Where have you been? On this board, a YAP is worth far more than any other currency.

If you are genuinely confused, the person who puts time and effort into organising this competition is 60YearsAPie. At the start, based on his username, he very kindly gifted all entrants a bank of 60YAPs. It must have cost him a fortune, but it's added real interest to the score prediction thread. You should have a go, but you'll start among the also rans.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast