+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T COVID rising…

Stopped getting tested then cases will fall...its simple!

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Stopped getting tested then cases will fall...its simple!
    Yes indeed

That's why we should have a better measure, like percentage of positive cases compared to total number tested

Not just bare bones " number of positives"

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Eric I think that’s called paranoia,why test twice a week.
    I think that anyone sat at home everyday getting tested would be a bit paranoic! But I think thepoint of the tests is similar to masks - they aren't really there to protect the user (after all if you test positive, what can you do?!) but protect others, family, friends and work colleagues. If you do a couple of tests a week, you can often spot it before symtoms hit or confirm early and avoid contact with others.

To try and keep the spread down to a minimum, and baring in mind the lower the spread, the less chance of the virus mutating into forms that evade the vaccine, as well as not unnecessarily spreading the virus to others, a couple of tests a week sounds pretty sensible to me

There's no Covid in the village but we have a respectful homogeneous white population. I have no idea if these facts are related.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Read the other day that some Prem players have not had the jab,I find that strange that a contact sport & not been vaccinated.
    At least 2 Premiership keepers are out with Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I think that anyone sat at home everyday getting tested would be a bit paranoic! But I think thepoint of the tests is similar to masks - they aren't really there to protect the user (after all if you test positive, what can you do?!) but protect others, family, friends and work colleagues. If you do a couple of tests a week, you can often spot it before symtoms hit or confirm early and avoid contact with others.

To try and keep the spread down to a minimum, and baring in mind the lower the spread, the less chance of the virus mutating into forms that evade the vaccine, as well as not unnecessarily spreading the virus to others, a couple of tests a week sounds pretty sensible to me
    The test kits that you can either get at a chemist or sent through the post, kits from the NHS, instructions
    to test twice a week, send result to NHS, they confirm by text & e-mail the result, you give them.
    So not sat at home every day doing a test, I still go out, wear a mask in a shop / supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The test kits that you can either get at a chemist or sent through the post, kits from the NHS, instructions
    to test twice a week, send result to NHS, they confirm by text & e-mail the result, you give them.
    So not sat at home every day doing a test, I still go out, wear a mask in a shop / supermarket.
    Just to be clear Erik's lad, I wasn't in any way implying you personally were - that was a general point on anyone who was at home most of the time not really needing to test. Apologies tho pal

No Problem raging pup, if I let let paranoia set in about testing, I think i would cut my throat.
    One other reason I personally have been doing a test twice a week is -
    Should have had a new hip operation February 2020, date set & everything, from being on
    list from September 2019, but operations cancelled.
    So I keep getting tested in case the hospital gets in touch for the operation, I know I still
    have a test, & quarantine before going into hospital, but I can show my results back to
    May 2021, which have all been negative.
    Which might help !

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    The PFA should demand all players take the vaccine to protect other team players.For that matter who in their right mind would not take the vaccine?
    Why would young fit footballers get vaccinated? Covid is not going to be a problem for them.

If you're saying it's to "protect others" then that's an old argument because the vaccines don't prevent you catching Covid or passing it on, they reduce symptoms and help keep vulnerable people (i.e. older people and people with weak immune systems) out of hospital.

But three injections in one year doesn't sound like the greatest vaccine in the world as we are probably going to find out in the winter.

This is also why "vaccine passports" shouldn't be introduced because you can have a double-vaccinated person with Covid going into a nightclub but a non-vaccinated person without Covid not being let in. The only way to control Covid therefore is with testing and there is apparently a new 10 minute test on the way.
    Last edited by great_fire; 23-08-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Covid rising in Prem, hope them that didn’t bother with vaccine don’t regret it

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast