+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: O/T COVID rising…

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Regarding my wife being very ill, a doctor spoke to my wife by telephone, not a practice nurse,
    my wife said she wanted a blood test, so the doctor said if my wife thought this, then she should have one.
    Waiting for the GP surgery to get in touch over a few days, eventually my wife got a telephone call, so I
    took my wife up to the Mexborough Montagu Hospital for a blood test at 9am on Friday 15th October.

At 4pm same day, my wife had a telephone call from our GP, to which she said my wife's blood count was
    seriously low, & that she had to go in hospital for a emergency blood transfusion, to which I took my wife
    to Rotherham General Hospital, where it was confirmed she had an iron deficiency anaemia.
    My wife received 2 blood transfusions & a Ferinject ( Vitamin iron ) transfusion, to which she has to have
    another Ferinject transfusion next Saturday.

My wife to undergo investigation in surgical outpatient clinic for investigation of iron deficiency anaemia,
    after speaking with medical staff, they cionfirmed that if my wife had not asked for a blood test, which
    resulted in the treatment & investigation, there could have been more serious consequences.

What made it worse I was not allowed to visit my wife, & with the ward my wife was on seemed under
    staffed, I was telephoning to find out what was happening with my wife, there was no one picking the
    phone up.
    I took my wife in hospital Friday teatime, I didn't find out what treatment my wife had until 3pm
    Saturday afternoon.
    I was able to bring my wife home Saturday evening 8pm after her blood levels were raised to a safe
    level.
    Bloody hell Eric. How stressful and awful, I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad you're wife is back and best wishes for a full recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Regarding my wife being very ill, a doctor spoke to my wife by telephone, not a practice nurse,
    my wife said she wanted a blood test, so the doctor said if my wife thought this, then she should have one.
    Waiting for the GP surgery to get in touch over a few days, eventually my wife got a telephone call, so I
    took my wife up to the Mexborough Montagu Hospital for a blood test at 9am on Friday 15th October.

At 4pm same day, my wife had a telephone call from our GP, to which she said my wife's blood count was
    seriously low, & that she had to go in hospital for a emergency blood transfusion, to which I took my wife
    to Rotherham General Hospital, where it was confirmed she had an iron deficiency anaemia.
    My wife received 2 blood transfusions & a Ferinject ( Vitamin iron ) transfusion, to which she has to have
    another Ferinject transfusion next Saturday.

My wife to undergo investigation in surgical outpatient clinic for investigation of iron deficiency anaemia,
    after speaking with medical staff, they confirmed that if my wife had not asked for a blood test, which
    resulted in the treatment & investigation, there could have been more serious consequences.

What made it worse I was not allowed to visit my wife, & with the ward my wife was on seemed under
    staffed, I was telephoning to find out what was happening with my wife, there was no one picking the
    phone up.
    I took my wife in hospital Friday teatime, I didn't find out what treatment my wife had until 3pm
    Saturday afternoon.
    I was able to bring my wife home Saturday evening 8pm after her blood levels were raised to a safe
    level.
    It’s about time they stopped hiding behind the COVID excuse and get back up and running now, bloody joke and people will/are suffering

All the best to your wife Eric, hopefully she makes a good recovery
    Take care of yourselves

Well they talked the talk and now they've walked the walk. The State of WA's highest paid employee, the Football Coach at WA State University has been fired for refusing to get vaccinated. How many on here would give up a job with base pay of over $3M/year?

According to the Office for National Statistics,there were 51,281 Covid related deaths recorded in the first six months of this year.98.8% were people NOT double- vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well they talked the talk and now they've walked the walk. The State of WA's highest paid employee, the Football Coach at WA State University has been fired for refusing to get vaccinated. How many on here would give up a job with base pay of over $3M/year?
    That will probably be an interesting court case CAM. UTM

Someone that knows they can get another job elsewhere for more money?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    That will probably be an interesting court case CAM. UTM
    That's unlikely. Like most states in the US, employment in Washington State is deemed 'at will' and can be terminated by either side 'at will and without reason or notice'.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Someone that knows they can get another job elsewhere for more money?
    In general, college football coaches are higher paid than NFL coaches and as far as I'm aware all public higher education establishments in the US are mandating vaccination for staff and students. There aren't that many jobs paying $3M+ per year, he was on 15x what the Governor of the state gets. In fact, pay in college football is so crazy, the 4 assistant coaches who were also terminated for non-vaccination were probably also on more than what the state Governor gets paid.

Only 68% of Premier League players are fully vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Only 68% of Premier League players are fully vaccinated
    Yes, as I said a couple of weeks ago.

Isn't it time The Premiership was cancelled? I just saw that only 7 of the 20 clubs have over 50% of their players vaccinated. Maybe there is some truth in the belief that footballers aren't the brightest of individuals and even so shouldn't their employers be making it mandatory to protect others?

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast