+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T COVID rising…

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Why would young fit footballers get vaccinated? Covid is not going to be a problem for them.

If you're saying it's to "protect others" then that's an old argument because the vaccines don't prevent you catching Covid or passing it on, they reduce symptoms and help keep vulnerable people (i.e. older people and people with weak immune systems) out of hospital.

But three injections in one year doesn't sound like the greatest vaccine in the world as we are probably going to find out in the winter.

This is also why "vaccine passports" shouldn't be introduced because you can have a double-vaccinated person with Covid going into a nightclub but a non-vaccinated person without Covid not being let in. The only way to control Covid therefore is with testing and there is apparently a new 10 minute test on the way.
    A large number of non vaccinated are the reason for positive cases and also deaths.Why would anybody not take the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    A large number of non vaccinated are the reason for positive cases and also deaths.Why would anybody not take the vaccine?
    Because they don't need it, didn't I already say that?

They should get vaccinated to protect Neil Warnock who is already vaccinated?
    Last edited by great_fire; 24-08-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Why would young fit footballers get vaccinated? Covid is not going to be a problem for them.

If you're saying it's to "protect others" then that's an old argument because the vaccines don't prevent you catching Covid or passing it on, they reduce symptoms and help keep vulnerable people (i.e. older people and people with weak immune systems) out of hospital.

But three injections in one year doesn't sound like the greatest vaccine in the world as we are probably going to find out in the winter.

This is also why "vaccine passports" shouldn't be introduced because you can have a double-vaccinated person with Covid going into a nightclub but a non-vaccinated person without Covid not being let in. The only way to control Covid therefore is with testing and there is apparently a new 10 minute test on the way.
    Why would a young fit footballer drop dead on a football pitch from heart trouble? Sht happens.

Because they don't need it, didn't I already say that?

They should get vaccinated to protect Neil Warnock who is already vaccinated?
    Have you heard of underlying health?
    Did you know that diabetes is on the increase and there’s people out there you don’t yet realise they might have it?
    No one knows how they might react if they got covid
    My daughter had it but apart from her smell and taste she had no other symptoms

I agree it shouldn’t be forced on anyone but don’t make out it doesn’t affect young healthy people

A system that people can use without ever having contributed to its cost is doomed to fail

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Did you know that diabetes is on the increase and there’s people out there you don’t yet realise they might have it?

I agree it shouldn’t be forced on anyone but don’t make out it doesn’t affect young healthy people
    Under a certain age the vaccine may be more dangerous, myocarditis, which is swelling of the heart is a possible side effect of the Pfizer jab, and it's young men who get that side effect. The AZ one is no longer offered to the under 40s because blood clots can be a side effect (and most of the people who got those were in their 40s and 50s so it shouldn't have been given to under 60s IMO, but they had a big stockpile they had to use up).

Under a certain age the vaccine may be more dangerous, myocarditis, which is swelling of the heart is a possible side effect of the Pfizer jab, and it's young men who get that side effect. The AZ one is no longer offered to the under 40s because blood clots can be a side effect (and most of the people who got those were in their 40s and 50s so it shouldn't have been given to under 60s IMO, but they had a big stockpile they had to use up).
    Being run over by the truck delivering the vaccine is also a risk but really compared to the greater good it is insignificant just like the risks you mention.

A young person who catches Covid is five times more likely to develop myocarditis as a complication than they are as a consequence of having an adverse reaction to the Pfizer vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Healthy under 18 year olds, they have a 99.99% chance of surviving Covid, I can't see any reason why they're being vaccinated other than to increase Pfizer's profits and that the teacher's union is wanting it.

The Great Barrington people were right, isolating the old, immune compromised and morbidly obese and "letting the virus rip" through the young and healthy population would have given us herd immunity before the Delta variant arrived and made that impossible.
    Last edited by great_fire; 25-08-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Being run over by the truck delivering the vaccine is also a risk but really compared to the greater good it is insignificant just like the risks you mention.
    In Scotland they're going back over the records of people who've had strokes to see if there is any link with the AZ vaccine, they should do the same in the rest of the UK as heart attacks and strokes in older people are just put down to age when that may not necessarily be the case.

VITT - Vaccine-Induced Immune Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia, which is the clotting condition some people have got from the AZ vaccine is very similar to HIT/T - Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia Thrombosis, a condition caused by the blood thinner Heparin.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2106315
    Last edited by great_fire; 25-08-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast