+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: O/T COVID rising…

Its great to be able to listen to advice from so many medical experts on here.

New age scientist and time traveller John and his time machine is particularly funny

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Its great to be able to listen to advice from so many medical experts on here.

New age scientist and time traveller John and his time machine is particularly funny
    The particularly funny irony here, is that if you look back in this thread I've not espoused a single medical opinion. I've just found it quite curious that you keep doing so when you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I guess its not a troll attempt then, shame.

Sometimes its just fascinating to sit back and watch poorly informed folks have debates about things they clearly don't understand.

So they’ve been getting on with life with COVID-19 so let’s just get on with it them 😏

Covid test lab in Wolverhampton suspended over wrong results
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54923641

....it’s about time, no ones shaft should exceed 46”, never used 48” it’s tricky to handle
    The game's gone crazy. Today Ian Poulter is -11 after two rounds. If he was playing in the European Tour event he'd have a 7 shot lead, instead he's playing in the USPGA event and he's 7 behind the leader who has gone 62/64.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The game's gone crazy. Today Ian Poulter is -11 after two rounds. If he was playing in the European Tour event he'd have a 7 shot lead, instead he's playing in the USPGA event and he's 7 behind the leader who has gone 62/64.
    He would be 23 behind John if he decided to take up golf

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Mostly people who work for state/local government e.g. police, firefighters or people who work for companies that have contracts with the Federal Government (e.g. Boeing) as the government have mandated that anyone contracting to the government should have all employees vaccinated.

I get what you are saying about changing terms and conditions of employment 'after the fact' but here in many jobs you are asked to sign a new T&C every year anyway so they would just add this in.

On a related note, what would companies do if their vaccinated staff refused to work with un-vaccinated staff?
    Give the vaccinated staff pay rise..danger money.

He would be 23 behind John if he decided to take up golf
    In the Fantasy Island Open

Back on topic, in Rotherham:-

The COVID-19 infection rate in Rotherham has increased this week and remains above the national average with 1,375 positive cases notified in Rotherham last week.

The latest 7-day rate is 518.9 per 100,000, which is a significant increase from 441.5 cases per 100,000 on the previous week. The national average currently stands at 376.1 per 100,000.

Over the next few days, we are expecting to see a further increase in the number of cases. The majority of cases are occurring within secondary-aged young people and across the community. We are seeing a lot of households having multiple numbers of cases. It is really important that if you are a contact of someone with COVID-19 that you get tested right away with a PCR test and then even if it is negative, it is helpful to continue to use regular lateral flow tests.

All that hugging during the pompey rout won't help

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Both myself & my wife had our flu jab a week last Friday, my wife has had a bad
    reaction to the jab, been really poorly, I have been up to doctors this morning
    regarding this, practice nurse to phone her at dinner time.

I also had the shingles vaccination a week last Friday, which you get at 70 years
    of age, I did have shingles in 1984, painful but not as painful as gout.
    Regarding my wife being very ill, a doctor spoke to my wife by telephone, not a practice nurse,
    my wife said she wanted a blood test, so the doctor said if my wife thought this, then she should have one.
    Waiting for the GP surgery to get in touch over a few days, eventually my wife got a telephone call, so I
    took my wife up to the Mexborough Montagu Hospital for a blood test at 9am on Friday 15th October.

At 4pm same day, my wife had a telephone call from our GP, to which she said my wife's blood count was
    seriously low, & that she had to go in hospital for a emergency blood transfusion, to which I took my wife
    to Rotherham General Hospital, where it was confirmed she had an iron deficiency anaemia.
    My wife received 2 blood transfusions & a Ferinject ( Vitamin iron ) transfusion, to which she has to have
    another Ferinject transfusion next Saturday.

My wife to undergo investigation in surgical outpatient clinic for investigation of iron deficiency anaemia,
    after speaking with medical staff, they confirmed that if my wife had not asked for a blood test, which
    resulted in the treatment & investigation, there could have been more serious consequences.

What made it worse I was not allowed to visit my wife, & with the ward my wife was on seemed under
    staffed, I was telephoning to find out what was happening with my wife, there was no one picking the
    phone up.
    I took my wife in hospital Friday teatime, I didn't find out what treatment my wife had until 3pm
    Saturday afternoon.
    I was able to bring my wife home Saturday evening 8pm after her blood levels were raised to a safe
    level.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast