+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardest League

Hardest League

Which will be the Hardest league next season?

The Championship or League One?

There is the unfair advantage given to the teams from the Prem that makes it difficult to compete with. The other clubs do spend too much on players wages to enable them compete but it forces them into debt that can rik the existance of clubs.

League One will be horrendous next season. I wouldn't rule out Forest Green but they have to compet with the likes of Derby, Sunderland, Ipswich and the best team in the league Bolton.

Personally I don't think we'd have a chance of promotion in either .

It’s the championship for me. 3 or 4 will aim to stay up.
    3 or 4 will target the autos.

All of the rest will have an eye on the play offs.

Think it will be a stinker of a league to get of next season but then again I thought that about this league this season which is all the more credit to us for getting out of it.I think wyc, Pigs, sunderland will all be up there again assuming they dont go up in play offs. Add derby, portsmouth, Ipswich, Bolton plus there is always a surprise team. Think it will be a mini league at the top again of about 7 or 8.

Barnsley and peterboro will just consolidate a bit I think.

As regards the champ you are already looking at 3 to finish below us and its hard to see who they will be at least on paper. Also Im not aware of any points deducted clubs potentials next season. Maybe Brum, Blackpool, Cardiff, Cov could struggle a bit. We have to get to 50 points and hope its enough.14 wins 8 draws...sounds easy dunt it?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-05-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Championship, there’s some clubs you just can’t complete with

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think it will be a stinker of a league to get of next season but then again I thought that about this league this season which is all the more credit to us for getting out of it.I think wyc, Pigs, sunderland will all be up there again assuming they dont go up in play offs. Add derby, portsmouth, Ipswich, Bolton plus there is always a surprise team. Think it will be a mini league at the top again of about 7 or 8.

Barnsley and peterboro will just consolidate a bit I think.

As regards the champ you are already looking at 3 to finish below us and its hard to see who they will be at least on paper. Also Im not aware of any points deducted clubs potentials next season. Maybe Brum, Blackpool, Cardiff, Cov could struggle a bit. We have to get to 50 points and hope its enough.14 wins 8 draws...sounds easy dunt it?
    I think Brum are a good call Roly. They would have been relegated this season without Derby and Reading point deductions Blackpool and Hull could suffer from second season syndrome and I think there will be a surprise struggler. How about Blackburn who have imploded result wise? Their better players may well be taken.

I looked at Skybet to see if I could get an amazing early bet. Blow that idea Rotherham are 16/1 for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by portsmouthmiller View Post
    I looked at Skybet to see if I could get an amazing early bet. Blow that idea Rotherham are 16/1 for promotion.
    Have they missed two noughts off

Quote Originally Posted by portsmouthmiller View Post
    Leicester really did kill those bets when they won the Premier League didn't they. Pathetic odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Have they missed two noughts off
    Put a tenner on that and we'll be at tens.

Mentioned somewhere else that Bristol City are concerned at the costs, could be the 1st victim next season. Maybe all depends on how much leeway teams get from the EFL over the costs thro Covid. We can all rely on the EFL to get it right eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast