+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Buc

Theres no point bandying around this that and the other, you want independence and thats fine. My original question was about what you thought, but mostly about what the people around you thought, which you havent mentioned.

If there was a vote tomorrow who do you think would win?

My point has not been commented on in regards to the Briitish family, that you would be abandoning your fellow Celts, the Welsh. Oh, and because Mark Carney says Scotland earned upwards of a trillion quid, that doesnt mean you can afford independence.

You need definitive intelligence in regards to income and expenditure, and apply that to past years. You will get your answer, or a close as it can be.

I suspect that no amount of cold hard info will deter you from your goal, if it goes against you. The other Sturgeon report weve had down here is that Sturgeon is completely incompetent when it comes to governance, but is red hot on independence.

I hope Scotland does get independence. It will mean more money for Cambridgeshire education authority. My view is that Scotland will fail if it gets independence.

And if i was a husband in a marriage to an unfaithful wife, the door is locked on a return.

No.

Viva Scotland.....

If you lived up here I'm sure it would open your eyes to what really is happening

I don't think one country that has left the UK ever wanted back unless you can think of one .

Finally of course Scotland can afford to go independent 5.2 million people and much resources.
    Like Norway Denmark and Sweden.

The government down South has 2 trillion pounds of dept so that's not working either .

The EU has left, at our insistence, and they would want us back. I did read that article and its interesting, if its true, you should be forming a guerilla army.

I didnt realise Scotland has only 5 million people, thats not a lot considering the uk has about 66 million.

If the uk is ripping off Scotland, then that is scandalous and should be stopped. I cant stop thinking that Scotland governs Scotland though in regards to everyday governance, Westminster just gives the money.

In such a situation, its easy to blame Westminster. Another referendum is in the pipeline if there is a demonstrable need, so there will be another chance soon i would think.

If you are successful, the naval bases would come south as well as a lot of other things. There would have to be a border. You would cut yourself off from the finance centre of the world, London, and the tech revolution, and the new freedoms having left the Eu, which you will reimpose on yourself.

Talking about London, its not a British city, it hasnt been since the 80s.

The EU, according to the press down here, regard Scotland as a new Italy or Portugal a dependant nation, and wont accept or welcome you.

Thats not me speaking, thats the press. The EU havent done cartwheels at the prospect of Scotland joining, in fact they havent said anything.

Scotland must get independence, its the only way to find out if you can not only survive, but in your words thrive, a rich nation. If you cant, then theres big trouble ahead.

Its like a t--n ager leaving home for the first time. With only 5 million people you should be ok. Parliament is probably the least corrupt of the worlds government, with self governance, there will be trouble, just look at BLM.

Karl of Back Hill.

There is an article in the express today about Scotlands finances, you should read it.

An article in the press today about Scotland's finances .

Who gives them that figures ?

Never trust the London government when it comes to dishing out Scotland's figures after all who checks out the figures they give .🤔 we just have to trust them.🙄

Yes a border similar to the ones that go from Germany into Holland for example a couple of men in small boxes both sides of the road "watching" cars go by whilst drinking coffee.

I gave up trying to understand it half way through. You can do anything you want with figures and fancy this that and the other. Go for it, independence.

Thanks Psaw 🙄
    interesting conversation for sure .👍

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)