+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v. Forest

Worrall's handball was exactly that. Nailed on penalty that wasn't given. Where's the VAR when you need him.

Fozzy was looking at the ball 20 odd yards further up the park as opposed to at Pumpernickel. That suggests that the ball contact was not deliberate.

Davies was already on the deck when the corner was taken so no penalty. The Red Dog could, and probably should, have been red carded all the same. No penalty as the ball wasn't in play but even then you are not allowed to physically wrestle pplayers off the ball

The 1st half Sibley incident on the edge of the box was, IMO, a foul. The defender stepped into Sibs' path to stop him getting to the ball. He made no attempt to move to the ball. You play the ball not the player. Foul and a card, possibly even red as he was the last defender......

Thats two games we have drawn qhen we should ahve won, 4pts lost and that could be ***** come the end of the season.

Unfortunately if we do not get more players in, then this squad isn't good enough and we will go down.

I make that 6 competitive games this season where we've taken the lead but we've won just 1 of them.

We seem to fade in the 2nd half. Does this point to the starting XI not having sufficient stamina for a full 90 minutes +. When they fade, Rooney seems reticent to ring the changes, be that tactically or simply a like for like replacement to get fresh legs on. Does he lack confidence in the bench?

IMO we should look on it as another point gained towards survival, anything can happen in those games so it's difficult to say anything is deserved.

MadAmster: I don't think he has any confidence in the bench. But, in a way, not having good squad depth is stopping him from tinkering like he did last season, so I'm sort of glad he doesn't have too much choice!

Six? Huddersfield, Peterborough, Hull*, Sheffield United and Forest. Hull was won

Salford we didn't take the lead except within the penalty shoot out, and we hung on to win that......

But your point is well made, we cannot keep a lead, and its ben the same for Rooney's tenure (not that we had many leads last year!!). I suspect you are right that he has no confidence in the bench - and quite reasonably so. When the first team is made up of a lot of players who should at best be on the bench, is it any surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    IMO we should look on it as another point gained towards survival, anything can happen in those games so it's difficult to say anything is deserved.

MadAmster: I don't think he has any confidence in the bench. But, in a way, not having good squad depth is stopping him from tinkering like he did last season, so I'm sort of glad he doesn't have too much choice!
    I take your point, BUT, in a relegation battle beating the team below you and around you is *****, a win is worth 6 pts because you get 3 and deny that team 3.

We lost to Peterborough - should have won, 3 pts lost, Forest and Boro at home, both on a poor run of form, we draw, 4 pts lost. Drawing games one needs to win isn't good enough and as with the next run of games after the International break, when we come up against the better teams in this division, we shall suffer.

I can't see us being anywhere but the bottom 3 come October and there we shall stay.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

I can't see us being anywhere but the bottom 3 come October and there we shall stay.
    I think that's a niggling fear we all share!

Realistically the best we can hope for is being no more than six points adrift (including any points deduction) of safety by the time the next window opens and that ownership and EFL matters will have been sorted by then.

I can’t see how a positive change of ownership will be possible without the EFL quarrel having been resolved, but if we’re still in touch by the New Year we’ll already have three important players lined up to return and with further additions we could still be okay.

It’s a pity because there have been times this season, especially in the first half against NF, when we’ve played some genuinely good stuff.

P.S. Maybe Wayne needs to get himself fit to paper over the cracks over the next four months...he’ll be far from the oldest.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 02-09-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Whether deliberate or otherwise Fozzy's groin crusher has dwindled the squad further with his 3 match ban!
    Let the vultures gather! 😠

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Whether deliberate or otherwise Fozzy's groin crusher has dwindled the squad further with his 3 match ban!
    Let the vultures gather! 😠
    RA we looked good against a piss poor Forest side - I shudder to think what we will look like when facing a half decent team, cannot see any pts from the next 3 games.

I've looked at it and still think Fozzy's stamp wasn't deliberate but hey ho, Derby aren't going to get any breaks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)