+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v. Forest

Matchday Thread: Rams v. Forest

Sorry for this and other early threads, I'm away from my laptop for two weeks and not yet sure if I can make threads 'sticky' off my phone

SO, learned thoughts from y'all on this one. I just hope we win, but I AM repeating the bet I tried and failed to put on before that famous day in 2015. I feel a repeat of at least part of it is on the cards, poor old Chris

Indeed, is it a case of a good manager impossible circumstances OR is he not quite as good as some thought?

We ought to be able to beat them but lets not be the start of their revivial!

Tricky one this IMO. As things have played out so far this season we ought to win the game. However, as DCFC has shown, all too often in the past, if the opponent is on a winning run or a losing one, Derby will end it for them. Here's hoping we buck that trend.

Take the Jan 30th 2010 game. We were on a bad run, even for us, it was bad. They had gone something like 20 games undefeated. I was over with a Dutch friend for the game and was in the SW corner lower back in the days when away fans had the South Stand. With just 12 minutes to go and the game looking a stalemate at 0-0 we got a free kick up near the North east corner. For some reason, I said to my mate that Kris Commons would take the free kick and Rob Hulse would head it home at the near post. A few seconds later, KC took the kick, Hulse ran from the far post to the near post and..... BOOM!! Cue pandemonium. 1-0 Derby and that was how it stayed.

Will this game see the end of Chris Hughton as the Red Dogs gaffer? They lose and I think it will.

Just had a butcher's and it appears there are about 560 seats left. All in the North, NE and NW areas of the stadium. Possible sell out after 2 games of less than 50% capacity.

Is this solely the Red Dogs effect or is it also triggered by the better than anybody dared hope for performances thus far?

Nothing tricky about it.
    3-0 Derby, CH sacked by 7pm

RA's fault, kiss of death saying he loved this appointment,
    Hasn't got anything else right on here either,

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Nothing tricky about it.

To be clear...I’ve never claimed to ‘love’ anything about Forest...I do think CH was a good appointment. Question is whether anyone can succeed at either of our current ‘basket case’ clubs.

If we win 3-0 I’ll be astonished and very happy to take the credit.

1-1 and at least one red card is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Nothing tricky about it.

Hasn't got anything else right on here either,
    As this forum knows my tenner is on the same but 5-0.

With MA reacquainting himself with the delights of English beer, here goes...

Roos...one great save...decent handling...dreadful distribution...not sure he could do much about their equaliser.
    Byrne...decent performance...but a stupid and unnecessary foul that led to their equaliser.
    Jagielka...one poor pack pass from which they should have done better. Otherwise excellent.
    Davies...almost faultless...should be captain...probably is in all but name.
    Forsyth...lucky to stay on the pitch after that stamp. Totally untypical as was the superb pass to put Lawrence in for his goal.
    Bird...looked more like his old self...decent performance.
    Shinnie...always leads by example going in where it hurts and yesterday was no exception.
    Jozwiak...one of his better games. A constant threat. Unfortunate case of Premiership feet but League One brain.
    Morrison...loads of talent, still settling in.
    Sibley...excellent first half...quieter in the second. Seems to be learning to be less rash and impetuous.
    Lawrence...superb strike...busy first half...struggled second.
    Stretton...didn’t let anyone down...a tiny part of McKenna’s knee cap away from being today’s hero.
    Buchanan...looked very threatening in the last ten minutes.

What a difference VAR would have made. We’d probably have been down to ten men early doors after Forsyth’s uncharacteristic stamp on Zinckernangel’s ‘groin’ but we’d also have had an absolutely nailed on penalty after Worrall swiped the ball away with his arm.

All in all we could and should have been 2-0 up at HT. They came back and dominated from 45-80 minutes without really threatening and Stretton could, with a little luck, still have finished it off.

Finally...Dear Wayne...we have two excellent, if antique, centre backs but mobility isn’t one of their qualities. Can we please remember that and stop fannyin’ about across our own box using a strategy that we’re not suited to and putting our, understandably nervous looking, ‘keeper under enormous and unnecessary pressure time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    With MA reacquainting himself with the delights of English beer, here goes...

Roos...one great save...decent handling...dreadful distribution...not sure he could do much about their equaliser.
    Byrne...decent performance...but a stupid and unnecessary foul that led to their equaliser.
    Jagielka...one poor pack pass from which they should have done better. Otherwise excellent.
    Davies...almost faultless...should be captain...probably is in all but name.
    Forsyth...lucky to stay on the pitch after that stamp. Totally untypical as was the superb pass to put Lawrence in for his goal.
    Bird...looked more like his old self...decent performance.
    Shinnie...always leads by example going in where it hurts and yesterday was no exception.
    Jozwiak...one of his better games. A constant threat. Unfortunate case of Premiership feet but League One brain.
    Morrison...loads of talent, still settling in.
    Sibley...excellent first half...quieter in the second. Seems to be learning to be less rash and impetuous.
    Lawrence...superb strike...busy first half...struggled second.
    Stretton...didn’t let anyone down...a tiny part of McKenna’s knee cap away from being today’s hero.
    Buchanan...looked very threatening in the last ten minutes.

What a difference VAR would have made. We’d probably have been down to ten men early doors after Forsyth’s uncharacteristic stamp on Zinckernangel’s ‘groin’ but we’d also have had an absolutely nailed on penalty after Worrall swiped the ball away with his arm.

All in all we could and should have been 2-0 up at HT. They came back and dominated from 45-80 minutes without really threatening and Stretton could, with a little luck, still have finished it off.

Finally...Dear Wayne...we have two excellent, if antique, centre backs but mobility isn’t one of their qualities. Can we please remember that and stop fannyin’ about across our own box using a strategy that we’re not suited to and putting our, understandably nervous looking, ‘keeper under enormous and unnecessary pressure time and time again.
    I watched on my phone and without commentary (no idea how and just grateful for it where I am) so my opinions weren’t clouded by ‘expert’ ‘insight’ and you got it spot-on IMO rA. There was one incident where we tried to pass a goal kick to Roos INSIDE the six yard box like a few games ago, if that’s being coached into them they need a new coach

Thanks for standing in rA. Good precis of the match.

They really don't look good. Our mixed bag of geriatrics and infants should have had them done and dusted first half. We created some good chances but didn't put them away.

Fozzy and Pumpernickel ( ) got involved a few times early doors and "ballgate" was by no means the first. Pumper went down holding his head at one challenge when there was no contact there. Nowt wrong with him. East Stand crowd on his back for his simulation. For Ballgate, at first sight it looked like there was a coming together, Pumper tried to get revenge but he was the one who fell down. No doubt that Fozzy's boot found the lad's groin but I will wait until I've seen it back before deciding whether, in the whole incident, was/were there a foul or fouls, which was the first and what should have happened. Possible outcomes IMO are a) nothing b) a free kick to Derby c) a free kick to Forest d) FK Forest and a red if it was on purpose. I'll come back to you on that.

Minutes 45 to 80, we weren't in it. They looked like scoring just the twice. The goal and the Roos save. 2nd half both Joz and Strets came close.

On the balance of play, over the 90, a draw is a reasonable outcome but oh, what if.....

I didn't see the handball shout, too many players between me and the ball. I'll watch it back before making a decision but I've even heard Reds fans saying it should have been given.

The all in wrestling attack on Davies was good for a red card IMO. The question is, had the corner been taken by the time he hit the deck? If it had, it's a red card and a penalty. If it hadn't it's a red card although some refs might give a yellow.

I am also of the opinion that the ref penalised Derby players more readily than red players and booked them more easily too. Can't complain at Sibley's yellow. That was petulant and stupid. Morrison's was justified. Byrne's was

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)