+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iompaithe amach go deas arís.

Dave was a Holmesdale boot boy back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Evening Davee…I used to live almost opposite to Lewisham hospital in George Lane. The place doesn’t fill me with good memories.Both my parents, one of my brother in laws and my best mate all passed away there….and now you tell me being born in Millwall territory you somehow end up being a Spud!
    I know George Lane very well, when I was 8 or 9 I went into a shop there(might have been fish and chip shop) as I had chewing gum in my hair and the lady cut off some of my hair!! My nan and grandad lived in Davenport Road and they used to send me to the George Pub to get them drinks. Dad was in RAF and so we lived in different countries, so wasn't growing up with Wall supporters or Palace to be fair. He did use to take me to Selhurst particularly 1969/70 when they were in the top flight for the first time. I used to play in Mountsfield Park (for a short time home to CAFC.

I lived at No 60 from 1967 until 1973 when I left for France. I spent a good few hours in the George. On one of my last visits to the area I saw that the pub no longer exists…like my favourite old watering hole The Thomas A’Beckett down the Old Kent Road..shame.

Went to France in 1973, you must have been a pioneer in them days. Are you in a town or small village?

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    Went to France in 1973, you must have been a pioneer in them days. Are you in a town or small village?
    I live in smallish town of 22000 habitants about 25k east of Paris. When the UK joined the Common Market in ‘73 it made moving to the continent and finding work a whole lot easier. I only wanted to try my luck for 6/12 months just to see what it was all about in France but I ended up meeting my wife and as we say the rest is history!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    I live in smallish town of 22000 habitants about 25k east of Paris. When the UK joined the Common Market in ‘73 it made moving to the continent and finding work a whole lot easier. I only wanted to try my luck for 6/12 months just to see what it was all about in France but I ended up meeting my wife and as we say the rest is history!
    Romantic Kant!

Dave and Frenchie will never have the class of "THE FISH"

Positive immigration.

Indeed Frenchie.
    Until this pathetic country deported him on a Visa technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    Indeed Frenchie.
    Until this pathetic country deported him on a Visa technicality.
    Seriously….is that true?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast