+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds

Leeds

I'm not sure I want to predict the score for tonight. It seems that over 1,500 Alex fans will be there so I hope it's a good game for their sake. However, as I can't see us scoring goals, I find it difficult to see us winning. I expect Bielsa will play a weakened team even though it is a sell-out crowd. Will we be able to stand up to the pace and energy of a Leeds (weakened) team? Maybe the occasion will bring a fighting spirit out and we'll give them a good go. Hopefully, there will be no early goal for them.
    Has Dale recovered from the virus or is he being rested prior to a transfer? He is probably our only hope of a goal. Besides, Elland road would be a good stage for him to demonstrate his value in a future transfer.

So prediction? We will lose. Can't say any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I'm not sure I want to predict the score for tonight. It seems that over 1,500 Alex fans will be there so I hope it's a good game for their sake. However, as I can't see us scoring goals, I find it difficult to see us winning. I expect Bielsa will play a weakened team even though it is a sell-out crowd. Will we be able to stand up to the pace and energy of a Leeds (weakened) team? Maybe the occasion will bring a fighting spirit out and we'll give them a good go. Hopefully, there will be no early goal for them.
    Has Dale recovered from the virus or is he being rested prior to a transfer? He is probably our only hope of a goal. Besides, Elland road would be a good stage for him to demonstrate his value in a future transfer.

So prediction? We will lose. Can't say any more than that.
    Okay I will give it a go. Heart says a draw, head says 4 - 0 loss.

I feel that I owe you supporters?????? an apology. So sorry that Sass-Davies was not the complete failure that you so desperately wanted.

But all is not lost. Of course DA will have Offord back immediately.

No apology required. Each to his own opinion.
    Interesting that supporters is followed by 6 question marks. I assume it’s because I said I hope that S D lives up to your hype/expectations. I do hope he does, I wish him every success and hope he becomes a valued member of the first team.
    Also find it a bit rich coming from someone who has constantly derided Lowery, and now Offord. Supporter?

Sounds like S-D had a decent game and that's without rosy specs! Offord has now offered () S-D a chance to stake a claim as DA usually gives the replacement time to prove themselves. So we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    No apology required. Each to his own opinion.
    Interesting that supporters is followed by 6 question marks. I assume it’s because I said I hope that S D lives up to your hype/expectations. I do hope he does, I wish him every success and hope he becomes a valued member of the first team.
    Also find it a bit rich coming from someone who has constantly derided Lowery, and now Offord. Supporter?
    I have never quite understood the desire of some of our supporters to deride some of our younger players indeed, some of our players of all ages, as that doesn't appear to me to be very supportive.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Lowery situation (or Dale for that matter) but I do think he is a very good player who is still developing. The same goes for Offord too. He looks a quality player who is only going to get better. I, personally, don't rate Trig. I think he is a decent back up keeper but I would be picking Will every time if fit. Doesn't mean Imam calling out Trig every time he makes a mistake.
    We have been spoiled for a couple of seasons having such a good group of players and inevitably when that team gets broken up there is a period of struggle and some of those in the fledgling stages of their careers may not appear to be as good as those we had previously. All I can say is, be patient. Mr Artell knows what he is doing and I think we should invest a little trust

Hear! Hear! Wise words indeed.

I consider myself a Alex supporter. I am not a Lowery or Offord supporter. But neither am I a Pickering, Kirk, Sass-davies, Ramsay, or Lundstram supporter. I do believe that the latter named are either excellent players or exceptional prospects. The important object for me is how they fare for the team that I support.

Absolutely convinced that you will disagree with the following comments.

Lowery - Not an asset to the team. 141 appearances and his statistics are shockingly poor. He is not a team player. A creative/playmaker improves other players close to him. Name one. When he played RM both Dale and Powell became poorer players. When he played LM Kirk became a poorer player last season. Each one did not receive the support or connection they were entitled to expect. Covered every blade of grass on the pitch. That is the classic sign of an undisciplined player. Defensive capabilities - none. There is every possibility that Tom could have become a good player and prospect with the proper coaching, discipline, and his responsibilities to the team. Unfortunately this coaching never came from our management. I personally believe he was let down.

Offord - The best period he had last season was when he was partnered with Lancashire who guided and coached him through each game. This season our 2 experienced CB`s are concentrating on their own game. Therefore the 2 CB`s are not combining or forming the essential partnership required. Placed in this situation Offord is finding it difficult to cope. He is making a lot of mistakes. When defending he is lining up on the wrong side of his opponent. He appears to lack pace or strength. Looks like he is having problems reading the game. It really was no surprise he received the red card. Of course he is still a young player and all of these faults could be easily rectified by proper coaching. Unfortunately once again there is no sign of that from our management.

Finally I do hope that the crazy 4-2-4 formation we have seen in our league games are thrown in the rubbish bin. With our current squad. i believe that the 3-5-2 would be a big improvement. Alternatively 4-4-2.

Take care Mike and hopefully with the right treatment you will soon be better and fighting fit. Take care.

"Take care Mike and hopefully with the right treatment you will soon be better and fighting fit. Take care."

Thanks mate, appreciate your comments and best wishes and others on here too..

Look folks, Luckour has been a supporter a long long time and he is entitled to his view of ANY player who puts on the Crewe shirt. If they are useless or hopeless, lets not beat around the bush and say so..

Its just my opinion that todays footballers are prima donnas and none of them have any loyalty to their clubs even the ones we have paid millions to 'coach'here over many years and as soon as they can they are off and that's OK but don't expect me to cheer them when they run down their contracts. We should remember that although we may pay lower wages than most, these youngsters are on far more money than ever the majority could hope to earn at their age.

Let em all go and lets sign people like Frank Lord who still has the record here for the number of hat tricks scored and that is with all the mighty academy coaching they have today...

End of rant and best wishes to all..

Lowery - a player who's contribution to defence is clear to all. He covers really well and often harries opposition midfielders until they lose the ball. He has never been afraid of getting stuck in, his height (or lack of) perhaps persuades the opposition that he will be a pushover, which they soon realise is a mistake. He has an excellent eye for a ball and can quickly change defence into attack. He is also tenacious on the ball and doesn't give it away so easily. Despite having some responsibility for dead-ball situations, he is, in fact, weak in this area. Unfortunately, another weakness seems to naivety, paying his agent his 10% while at the same time allowing him to ruin his career.

Offord- A central defender, though lacking in years and height, shows maturity beyond his years. His has an amazing ability to read the game and can often be seen intercepting opposition passes on the edge of the area. He is calm under pressure and is always looking to play the ball to a team-mate. This latter point can occasionally be his undoing as there are times when a good old hoof does the trick and so sometimes he gets caught trying to play out as happened once against Accrington. His lack of inches, occasionally allows him to be bullied or physically overwhelmed when coming up against big opponents in the box.

Olly Lancashire - Had some really good games for the Alex but also had some shockers. He certainly added experience to the back line. However, there were quite a lot of times that he went missing in the box and, despite his height, was easily moved off the ball.

Billy Sass-Davies - Has yet to be given much opportunity in the team through suspension, loans etc. Was given a full debut when only 16/17(?) when he looked a little out of his depth. That was clearly an error from the management. He played well against Lincoln in the League Cup and scored our goal (i think!). Would like to see more of him so that we can get a fair impression of his abilities. Has his chance now!

There we are - balance!
    It is possible to admire players but also see their weaknesses. As for those we don't think as highly of, well we can see their development and note their strengths as well. Easy really!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast