+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I Follow Debate

I Follow Debate

Hi All,

There is an interesting debate starting from our Dale Trust website.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/20

There is still a lot of uncertainty around Covid and whilst it could affect gate money if someone is going to a game they are either going or not. I don’t believe the vast majority would rather save a few quid & watch it on I follow instead.

The club gets money from the service and watching the live stream is a lot better than Audio only and may increase sales in the interim.

Does it stop people going to watch the likes of Man Utd or City because it is on Sky Sports/BT Sports?? No.. does it generate extra millions for them? Hell yes…

Any income is welcome IMHO.

Edit.. getting the link to work is not east on here 🤨
    Last edited by Blackdogblue; 25-08-2021 at 07:25 AM.

My lad lives near Bath and manages to get up maybe twice each season. He takes in games in the SW but would like to watch the other home games (from 300 miles away) from home. He’s quite willing to pay but can’t. Wasted revenue.

Oohhh look at you getting it to work 😀, in all honesty it posted as a hyperlink first time & when I checked it, was last years calendar sales 🤷*♂️..

Interesting debate though, especially for you up North & a long way for away fans & wish to watch it rather than audio vs travel

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    My lad lives near Bath and manages to get up maybe twice each season. He takes in games in the SW but would like to watch the other home games (from 300 miles away) from home. He’s quite willing to pay but can’t. Wasted revenue.
    Not to be breaking the law, my company is Swiss Based so my VPN thinks I am in Switzerland… so can get it personally but I “believe” there are other “VPN”s available or something like Amazon who sell flash sticks…

Both are apparently re programmable but & I am being honest here… don’t ask me 😀

All games should be available but £10 is too cheap a price.

Games should cost the equivalent of a full price match day seated ticket at the club hosting the match. So for Carlisle United home games £22.

This still gives an incentive to attend games. Going in the Paddock and buying your ticket in advance would save you £6 a game.

Season tickets should also be maximum equivalent price, so with our club £400.

It's the same product, by giving it away for £10 a pop you're significantly under valuing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Not to be breaking the law, my company is Swiss Based so my VPN thinks I am in Switzerland… so can get it personally but I “believe” there are other “VPN”s available or something like Amazon who sell flash sticks…
    There are lots of VPN services, some as cheap as a few pounds a month. And you can generally chose which country your IP will show as.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)