+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Famous Aberdeen v FC Carrier Bag Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Ian Durrant dived
    Agreed

Absolutely no guile in this team. As much as I like the full backs going forward they tuck in too far to the centre halves when not in possession.. Too many times, in Euro games in particular the long diagonal has caught us out. Full backs left exposed with no natural wide players in front of them. Ojo and Hayes sucked inside too often. Too many 2 on 1s in wide positions. No real width present and I have yet to see Hayes go past a man this season. Too soft in the middle and their distribution is poor. Dare I say that was a performance similar to much of last season.
    Last edited by phuxachemin; 27-08-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Nae really.
    But Hayes needs a rest already.
    I don’t doubt his willingness to play but the Hayes, McGinn era is past.

I thought the movement of their attacking players last night off the ball was fantastic. They always seemed to have someone free to pass to in a dangerous area. A lot of learning for us from last night but if we can learn to move like they did it will vastly improve us as we are such a static team at times hence why we always seem to end up successfully working a promising attacking position all the way back to Lewis.

It was how they seemed to get so many players forward and available.
    Leaving us looking like we had a one man midfield.

Lots to learn and it’s all about the coaching.
    Over to you Stephen.

They were a far superior team last night. No disgrace to losing to a team that has qualified for the group stages for many years. They always seemed to have more players on the park and their passing and movement was exceptional. We would lose the ball after a couple of passes and we could not get it back for what seemed like 5 minutes. I suspect their budget is far higher than ours. Agree we should not have made wholesale changes prior to the Raith Rovers game but Glass will have learned from this. We have far more chance of winning the League Cup than having success in Europe. We are serious work in progress and I will give Glass until next season to make us into a decent side. Keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    They were a far superior team last night. No disgrace to losing to a team that has qualified for the group stages for many years. They always seemed to have more players on the park and their passing and movement was exceptional. We would lose the ball after a couple of passes and we could not get it back for what seemed like 5 minutes. I suspect their budget is far higher than ours. Agree we should not have made wholesale changes prior to the Raith Rovers game but Glass will have learned from this. We have far more chance of winning the League Cup than having success in Europe. We are serious work in progress and I will give Glass until next season to make us into a decent side. Keep the faith.
    Far too sensible a post min

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Aye .... saved me a lot o' keyboard pokin' ... cheers.

Similar tae Breidablik .... movement an' pace impressive ... seemed to think quicker on the ball, but also given mair options by the movement an' positionin o' their team mates. And their goals? weel, ye can find fault in oor defence aa ye like, but each of their goals were of the 'see it - tak it' instantaneous decisions we see watching quality clubs/nations.

Our barometer for now has to be about how we fare against teams in our own league - and so far, we're daein nae bad. Quote me efter the Ross Co. game if ye like

Getting schooled by them may be a blessing in disguise for all at the club.

Yep, a lot of fair comment, absolutely schooled tactically and technically by a better team.

I feared the shyte pitch last week may have served only to drag them down to our level - sadly that fear was proved correct.

Still, it’s what you learn from a game like this that counts so let’s see.

My only comment on the players is McCrorie again absolutely sold the jerseys with a shocking pass before the second goal. I genuinely have no idea what he was trying to do.

You need to stop it son as otherwise we’ll have to punt you out the team as yer passing currently is an absolute liability.

The other comment is that yet again the technical deficiencies of Scottish players were massively exposed in this game.

It’s happened for years. Why can’t we coach better technical ability into Scottish players?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567