+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Pace is Paceless, Faceless and clueless

Smile Alan Pace is Paceless, Faceless and clueless

It is clear that Alan Pace has no idea how important this window is to BFC. Apart from Collins we have no incomings and it looks that everyone we are linked with are seeking to go elsewhere. Don't get me wrong I can see why all linked players are seeking other clubs rather than BFC. What this says is our brand of football is not exciting enough and I must say SD does not seem to have the clout in this division so Mr Pace how do you intend to rectify our predicament something has to give otherwise we will go down with our tails between our legs. Whilst I do not want any players to go but McNeill is expendable - he does not hold down a key position so if bids in excess of £30m should be taken and reinvested in players who are more consistent. Who knows we might go and buy Sam Vokes or Stephen Ward or Naki Wells or Tandai Darwinka or some other old fart we have sold of late

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    It is clear that Alan Pace has no idea how important this window is to BFC. Apart from Collins we have no incomings and it looks that everyone we are linked with are seeking to go elsewhere. Don't get me wrong I can see why all linked players are seeking other clubs rather than BFC. What this says is our brand of football is not exciting enough and I must say SD does not seem to have the clout in this division so Mr Pace how do you intend to rectify our predicament something has to give otherwise we will go down with our tails between our legs. Whilst I do not want any players to go but McNeill is expendable - he does not hold down a key position so if bids in excess of £30m should be taken and reinvested in players who are more consistent. Who knows we might go and buy Sam Vokes or Stephen Ward or Naki Wells or Tandai Darwinka or some other old fart we have sold of late
    It is more of the same Lancaster.It is now 3 years since we signed someone who could improve the squad(Wood).To compound matters, the money put to one side in the dry powder room in those 3 years has gone.

Hate to agree with your narrative lancaster100, but all of Pace's promises are just bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hate to agree with your narrative lancaster100, but all of Pace's promises are just bollox.
    I’m with you BT but I still feel that its maybe Dyche as much as him , all his eggs are in one basket- Sean Dyche and he’s re iterated that many times Sean is at the centre of everything for them , so god knows how they’ll cope when Dyche doesn’t re sign ,

Lancaster also has it nailed that I think he’s clueless with regards to football, business is one thing football is another , I’ve just read Hughes is in his way to palarce for 6 million plus add ons - we can’t have wanted him that badly.

It looks bad to all of us as it stands , I’m just not sure what the plan b c and d are with regards to players and a few days left to sort things.

It’s a bit like on the pitch tbh same old same old record with a scratch in it.

I dont think young promising play want to come and play for us, our style of football.. Chelsea, city, Liverpool, utd all have loads of talent ant itching for game time, but like Amad Diallo would rather go to Shef Utd.. but I dont ever see us linked with any such loans.. when you think that would be idea for us.. are we not even prepared to pay their wages.. is that too much?

A lot of things are against Burnley getting players to come to Turf Moor

1) Our style of play is negative 95% of the time which when all is said and done is pathetically dire

2) Dyche is too loyal to certain players

3) Dyche is nearly always looking for that Dyche style player (whatever that means)

4) He would rather have a PL player than someone from a lower league or a foreigner

5) Dyche certainly has NO plan B, and is too slow to try to change a game which is obvious to all

6) Our wage structure is not big enough for some greedy players (especially our relegation clause (which I agree with) )

7) ALK are potless

We brought in Collins for £12 Million which on paper looked brilliant at the time, but when you factor in players who have been let go and sold (Gibson for one) that is what has paid for Collins NOT ALK.

We are looking at Cornet, how do you think we are going to pay for him ?

O.K. if it happens it will be in 5 yearly installments, but someone has to pay for that.

And that someone will either be McNeil, Tarky or Pope.

I cannot see the latter 2 going this window, but for me McNeil is vastly over rated IMO and I can see him leaving

Aaron Lennon being re signed on a year deal said it all for me, as its 2 steps backwards for a so called Premier League Club.

Never mind lads, you got rid of Garlick as Chairman so objective achieved.
    It would seem that the next plan is to get rid of Sean as manager so once that is achieved everything will be on the right track. We will attract players who previously would not come because of our manager and style of play.
    It looks as though the future is going to be exciting with lots of changes and getting rid of dead wood like McNeil, Tarkowski and Pope.
    I look forward to this new, exciting era ---we could be the team of the 2020s! Just hope that they don't end up like the team of the 70s did some 17 years later!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Never mind lads, you got rid of Garlick as Chairman so objective achieved.
    It would seem that the next plan is to get rid of Sean as manager so once that is achieved everything will be on the right track. We will attract players who previously would not come because of our manager and style of play.
    It looks as though the future is going to be exciting with lots of changes and getting rid of dead wood like McNeil, Tarkowski and Pope.
    I look forward to this new, exciting era ---we could be the team of the 2020s! Just hope that they don't end up like the team of the 70s did some 17 years later!
    Cynical sub , but surely you can see what people are saying , I get your view don’t fix what isn’t broken , be careful what you wish for.

For me I think we are playing in too high a league anyway , we’re not geared up for this level of football , it’s not competitive really we have very little possession and play very little football.

There isn’t a fan on here who doesn’t want the best for BFC in one way or another, for me anyway it’s just becoming a bit monotonous the gap Is widening at a frightening pace and we’re not prepared to go with it.

I see both sides and we owe Dyche an awful lot but he’ll be the one who leaves us for reasons we can all relate to - my thoughts that’s all.

This is going to be a horrible season on top of a horrible year. Trust our club to be sold to a mob with no money and no idea of how tough English football is at every level. The new kids in town have bought off more than they can handle and we the supporters as usual as with all the elitist types will end up suffering as the club gets set back years. It's terrible to be so negative so soon, but someone tell me different when we have just brought Lennon in as our only midfield signing. I can't see how we are going to score enough goals and who will get them. Clubs have our cards marked now and know our serious limitations. This leverage buyout should never been allowed. I think we now have our version of the Venki's at Rovers at the Turf with no money at all!!
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 26-08-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Something has to change Sub, I have been saying along with others for the last 3 years that we needed decent players, not your Walters who are past it or your Wells who don't get a look in, but it never happened (only Wood off the top of my head).

The squad now is not growing old, it is old because it has not been replenished properly, there is no pace, there is no flair and with the lack of components at Dyche's disposal he is between a rock and a hard place.

You seem to be nonchalant about McNeil, Tarky and Pope, many will be and have been after Pope being as good as he is, Tarky is off next year for free if he does not move before, and McNeil to some may be our star player but he is ordinary, Elliott who played for Liverpool is a lot younger and has more positives about him, but I do value your input Sub as if all folk felt the same it would be boring.

As for object achieved with Garlick, we was going nowhere with him as with him putting money into the team, plus the rift he obviously had with Dyche, and having over £50 Million in the BFC accounts which eventually went into Garlicks back pocket should give you a clue about his true intentions.

So the Devil we knew sold out to the Devil we didnt, but at that time something had to change, which is not the fans fault for wanting something better.

"Exciting era" I don't think so, I believe we are in deep do do, that's why I posted my thoughts above, where else is the money going to come from to build an ageing squad ? from ALK's vision ? from our poor home grown ****agers ? I very much doubt it Sub, as Sinkov keeps stating corectly its one big black hole.

Don't forget if Garlicks money is not recieved he steps back into the Chairmans role and we are back to square one, with posibly a very large service bill waiting for him and the so called Club he supports.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)