+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlton

Charlton

Nobody interested in making predictions?
    Well, if Charlie plays, all we need to do is get Ramsey to crash into him a couple of times early on and we won't see Kirk for much of the game before he gets substituted. Not that I wish him any ill, in fact I hope he really pushes on despite his low ambition in signing for Charlton. As for the rest, I still cannot see where the next goal is coming from. If we manage to sign anyone in the next couple of days, please let one of them be a creative midfielder!
    The other talking point is the 'virus'. Is Dale really 'ill? But then Long is also a long time absentee so what's going on. A bit of news is needed.
    Anyway in terms of today's game, as I say, I cannot see where the goals are coming from but on the other hand our defence is shaping up well (though still liable for one big error). Therefore, I can only see another 1-0 defeat.

I too have no idea where we're going to get goals from. Charlton, like us, low on confidence. 2 - 0 to the home team. Mcgarry made a comment about the future of MacDonald. Have we managed to sign another player who's going leave almost immediately? What a transfer window. It was only three weeks ago that we were all cautiously optimistic.

Another 4-2-4lineup. Means we're going to be weak in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Nobody interested in making predictions?
    Well, if Charlie plays, all we need to do is get Ramsey to crash into him a couple of times early on and we won't see Kirk for much of the game before he gets substituted. Not that I wish him any ill, in fact I hope he really pushes on despite his low ambition in signing for Charlton. As for the rest, I still cannot see where the next goal is coming from. If we manage to sign anyone in the next couple of days, please let one of them be a creative midfielder!
    The other talking point is the 'virus'. Is Dale really 'ill? But then Long is also a long time absentee so what's going on. A bit of news is needed.
    Anyway in terms of today's game, as I say, I cannot see where the goals are coming from but on the other hand our defence is shaping up well (though still liable for one big error). Therefore, I can only see another 1-0 defeat.

Dale not Ill refusing to play because Crewe blocked his transfer, has put a transfer request in, but Artell does not have the balls to let the fans know.

Long has a knee injury apparently

The more worrying news is that McDonald might not be with us for much longer, don’t know what’s gone on but he could be heading out of the door.

What an abject 45 minutes. Listening in on ifollow, and I lost count of how many times mcgarry or Morse said we needlessly gave the ball away. Sounds like the team aren't playing for each other. And then there's all this off the pitch nonsense. How can two players we've signed in the summer be going back out the door? It's a joke. I think we're in for a very long and unhappy season.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General View Post
    What an abject 45 minutes. Listening in on ifollow, and I lost count of how many times mcgarry or Morse said we needlessly gave the ball away. Sounds like the team aren't playing for each other. And then there's all this off the pitch nonsense. How can two players we've signed in the summer be going back out the door? It's a joke. I think we're in for a very long and unhappy season.

Worst Crewe squad in a number of years, I don’t believe Artell has the time or the necessary funds to change this, 5 defensive players on the bench, formations dictated by lack of players in certain areas, no creativity Finney, Lundstrum or Ainley not good enough for this level. Very poor recruitment from Artell dodgy players brought in the fans forum could be very interesting I suggest Artell does not talk bull**** or he will be ripped a new one !!!!

No goals and no ideas against what is, when you look at their team sheet, a fairly average Charlton team Add to that, seemingly, a dressing room in complete disarray, if not open revolt. Have to question why two players who've only just arrived this summer are moving on. Either our transfer policy is totally broken or our dressing room is that bad. It's gone beyond requiring DA and KL to pull a rabbit out of the hat, they need to pull a hat out of a rabbit.

Remember we went 20 games without winning when Dean Ashton was transferred and that was only one player...ie he was a bit special granted...

Re Dale; Mcgarry asked DA about him post match on Tuesday and DA sounded a bit techy by adding no comment etc and then mentioned his illness.

I suppose it is a weakness in the system where the player wants away in order to get possibly 5 times increase in wages where that club values the player at X pounds and Alex values him at X plus Y and so no agreement at the moment. There many not be but you would think it could be solved by paying money based on the number of games they would play in the first team. The player(s) think that is unfair as it stops them leaving and then we have what we have..ie an impass..That's 2 players and it starts to rub off on the others...

Another defeat and things not looking good folks....;(

In what way is MacDonald moving on? I have heard things but I don't know whether he's doing Hoban or seeking another club. This is bad. I still think it started with Wintle (who can't get into the Cardiff team...still he's getting paid!). There's no way of knowing but is there some undercurrent at the club?
    Many of us said we admire Artell's stand on Lowery, including me. Do people still think that? At least, the window closes next week. I don't know how long Long is injured for. We only have one home game in September. Do we have to wait for October before we get any signs of stability? Does someone else take responsibility over negotiations with Lowery?
    Whatever, listening to the game today, Finney is not up to it and Ainley doesn't quite have enough. At least Ainley is going in the right direction and playing in the right position, so he may make it but I don't think I can bear to hear " Finney.....poor pass" any longer. By the sounds of the short number of minutes he's had, I think Griffiths should be given a go and MacFazdean should play left-wing until things can be sorted out. Can we afford to persevere with Knight?

DA sounded very rambly but understandable I suppose in the circumstances.

Re Wintle? I see NG has been on the subs bench a couple of games and maybe these players are not as good as they think they are? We all thought DA was right to make a stand with Lowery and I still think that personally as otherwise the whole modus operandii of the club will need to change and maybe it does and contract extensions will only be agreed if the player has the upper hand in negotiations which doesn't seem right given our history but maybe that has to change though and contracts will need to reflect that. Of course it can work the other way as players coming through want the reassurance they have a job in 2 or 3 years and so who knows how this will play out?

I thought there were going to be hundreds of players out of contract this season but seems we are still struggling to sign the right ones. Now some may not like this as its the academy thing again but maybe we should downgrade it and then use some of the transfer proceeds to pay better wages which will attract better players?? I say this because the current system that has been successful seems to be struggling via player power..But tying players to contracts seems to be a nightmare and may not stand up in court anyway..

Maybe all contracts should be 12 month rolling contracts something I think should definitely apply to managers in the PL which would stop the huge payouts for failure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast