+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlton

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I don't think people actually said DA walks on water but the implication was there. Best manager worried in case he moves on etc. But we lose a few matches and don't score, which is worrying but it is early days and the club has been let down by 2 players leaving having just signed.
    I just wish those people who were praising only a few weeks ago would take a step back before moaning.
    Absolutely spot on. He is a man who totally buys into the philosophy of the club, and when he first took the job on there were many who felt he was the wrong man because of a lack of experience. And it was fair to say he did lack that. But so did Alex Ferguson (to name just one) and look how that turned out. When you manage (and support) a club like Crewe there are probably as many bad times as there are good. We just have to accept that is how it is. If we can't accept that maybe we should follow Man City!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Absolutely spot on. He is a man who totally buys into the philosophy of the club, and when he first took the job on there were many who felt he was the wrong man because of a lack of experience. And it was fair to say he did lack that. But so did Alex Ferguson (to name just one) and look how that turned out. When you manage (and support) a club like Crewe there are probably as many bad times as there are good. We just have to accept that is how it is. If we can't accept that maybe we should follow Man City!

The philosophy of academies is fantastic and in most cases took over the role of schools having football teams and the facilities which sadly is no longer the case. Its why academies should be fully funded by the FA and the Government and not have to rely on transfer fees to exist and most don't in fairness.

My next door neighbour is a ManC ST holder and I've said to him many times, what IS the point of watching these players who are only there because of inflated transfer fees and wages and then soon off? This sounds daft but IF these players like Ronaldo signed for us then I still would not go and watch them for free actually..

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I don't think people actually said DA walks on water but the implication was there. Best manager worried in case he moves on etc. But we lose a few matches and don't score, which is worrying but it is early days and the club has been let down by 2 players leaving having just signed.
    I just wish those people who were praising only a few weeks ago would take a step back before moaning.
    Absolutely spot-on!!

DA is the best thing to happen at the Alex for quite a while. He really needs the full support of the fans at this point in time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123