+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Look Dons v Ross County

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Got away with that today. Ross County should have won it and a more clinical team would have dished out a gubbing. I really don't think that Glass has much of a clue, although he did make some changes to at least get a draw. Entertaining, yes. Effective, no. All successful sides have a solid defence as a basis. Sort it out min.
    We could have won, Ross County could have won. Both teams missed good chances. Don’t think we played terrible, but we do have a long way to go. Not a fan of this passing it back and forth from our defence, obviously Glass reckons he’s Pep Guardiola but City do something similar, but City’s front players are making darting runs moving into space while their defence does that, ours stands like statues. Maybe that’s why theirs cost millions and ours are free transfers. Was pleased with Austin Stevens, hopefully more to come from him. Also think our midfield is ****, don’t help our defence and also slow to get into opposition box, very unimpressed with Lewis Ferguson today, hope we get a good price for him before Tuesday night’s transfer window closes. He just doesn’t look interested anymore so **** him.

We have far too many liabilities in defence and we make far too many mistakes to keep clean sheets. Brown too looks very clumsy at times and his ball control is often poor. Maybe the philosophy is to score one more then our opponents but our attackers don’t appear to be very good either and we are finding it difficult to break teams down when they “sit in”. We also look likely to lose our most creative players, ie, Ferguson and possibly Hedges. Hayes and McGinn are past it as well. Hibs, and possibly Hearts, will finish above us which means that I think we’ll be lucky to get fourth place. I don’t think that making four or five changes every game is working either.
    Last edited by Shetland Don; 29-08-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Our manager is a dud, job for the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I don’t think that making four or five changes every game is working either.
    I would hope that Glass is still assessing his players and trying to figure out his best team especially as there were a few debuts today and more to come. That being said the number of changes does interrupt the flow so he needs to figure it out pretty quickly. Some signs did look really positive but defensively we look easy to slice open and sadly Lewis just doesn't appear to be as reliable as he was.

Our passing, crossing and shooting abilities really are piss poor. Hopefully the new guys help others improve rather than getting dragged down to the standard level.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Can't see them all starting but you never know with Glass. I think Watkins will start though.

6-0 us. Anything less and I'm starting a Glass Out campaign.
    GlAsS OuT

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    GlAsS OuT
    Clap Clap Clap

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Got away with that today. Ross County should have won it and a more clinical team would have dished out a gubbing. I really don't think that Glass has much of a clue, although he did make some changes to at least get a draw. Entertaining, yes. Effective, no. All successful sides have a solid defence as a basis. Sort it out min.
    I don’t think a point against Ross County can be seen as getting away with it . 2 points dropped today.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456