+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Manchester United Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    I'm fuming! Mike Dean robbed us! Pombal turned Neves' shin pad 180 degrees!

On the plus side we battered them. The attacking football we're playing is so exciting. Once we start finding the back of the net we'll find ourselves shooting up the table.
    Whereas the close losses last season were depressing, the losses so far this season have only been frustrating. Could easily switch us with Tottenham, who have three 1-0 victories.

Not worried unless we keep losing like this against lesser teams. We’ve played the second toughest schedule so far (Norwich have had to play Liverpool Man City and Leicester). September we play Watford, Brentford and Southampton. Could be 5-9 points in those.

A great first half performance, marred by poor finishing… it’s a worry! But lots of positives in the new set up / style of play. Interesting that De Gea was voted motm on the BBC board… that says a lot.

As for the Pogba challenge on Neves I could hear the contact in the Steve Bull Upper… Roy Keane said it was a clear foul, Souness said it was a leg breaker, and he’s right… studs up, body off the floor with no control of momentum… what’s happened to VAR?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    A great first half performance, marred by poor finishing… it’s a worry! But lots of positives in the new set up / style of play. Interesting that De Gea was voted motm on the BBC board… that says a lot.

As for the Pogba challenge on Neves I could hear the contact in the Steve Bull Upper… Roy Keane said it was a clear foul, Souness said it was a leg breaker, and he’s right… studs up, body off the floor with no control of momentum… what’s happened to VAR?
    They missed a penalty in the first half as well https://twitter.com/wolvesfancast/st...022858240?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    They missed a penalty in the first half as well https://twitter.com/wolvesfancast/st...022858240?s=21
    You know I just spotted that on the highlights, that angle shows there’s no doubt, not our day!

At the end of the day we must learn to accept that our destiny is in our own hands. Yes! we can look back on this match and see moments that could, so easily, have been game changers for us. Instead we've been left to ponder the 'what if's' and suffer further frustration. Moutinho's wasted opportunity in the first half when, right in front of the goal and only a few yards out, he somehow managed to send the ball over the bar when it would have been easier to get it on target. Then came the second half goal-mouth incident which, in disbelief, we watched as Saiss (hurried for time and space) failed to scramble the ball past De Gea. Later, Trincao, failed to make firm connection when meeting a cross, sending the ball harmlessly past the outside of the post. Shame really, because I thought Trincao had a good game and looks a very promising prospect for our future. As for referee, Dean, what can one say ? although it does seem to me that whenever he's in charge we struggle to get a fair shake. However, for all our disappointments thus far, I still think that under Bruno we can look forward to an interesting, competitive season. Now if only we can learn to score a goal or two.......
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 30-08-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)