+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brereton despondent

Brereton despondent

I had a funny feeling this would happen but Ben brereton is annoyed at not being able to link up with Chile.
    The lad is playing with confidence and let's be honest that wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for his adventures in the copa America.
    We should of let him go and used the squad for the 2 games he missed.
    Let's hope his confidence isn't knocked by this.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I had a funny feeling this would happen but Ben brereton is annoyed at not being able to link up with Chile.
    The lad is playing with confidence and let's be honest that wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for his adventures in the copa America.
    We should of let him go and used the squad for the 2 games he missed.
    Let's hope his confidence isn't knocked by this.
    what?? We pay him a fortune to play football for our club.
    He can't travel as there is still a global pandemic. Damn right we stopped him. We pay his contract ffs.

We arent going to start blaming Mowbray for this are we?

He absolutely was always going to play well this season. Same with Gallagher.
    Nothing at all to do with playing a few games for Chile.
    He was in good form last season.
    He was also playing second fiddle to Arma.
    Now he has left, these 2 decent strikers where always going to improve.

I get it does not suit the narrative. This destroys alot of peoples arguments that Mowbray only makes bad decisions. And that boring argument that was rolled out for 2 seasons about how much we paid for the 2 lads.
    I am glad they did, as we certainly could not bring anyone of that quality now.

My first point was this lad found form while away,plus potentially found some new support for the club from Chile.
    Sure it won't fill the stadium but it might sell merchandise.
    The lad found confidence while away and I know a incident like this can also have an adverse effect.
    Now of course this can be seen as a direct attack on mowbray but in fact it's just me concerned about the player losing confidence.

I think he was in form last season just the majority of chances fell to Armstrong who was on a hot streak. Yes he gained confidence while away and appears to be revelling in this ongoing saga with Chile which we benefit from.
    His confidence wont dip while he is scoring goals for us

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)