+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O'Donnell out of Denmark trip

A good solid 76 minutes from SOD tonight. Taken off with a leg knock but with any luck he should be available for Saturday.

Best (proper) away win since Paris...well done SOD and all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Best (proper) away win since Paris...well done SOD and all involved.
    Deffo ... SOD had a shaky opening 7 mins (but who didn't !?). Thereafter, he found his Mojo and arguably was a contender for MOTM along with a few others. However, given that was his first real game in 4 weeks he was immense.

After the Austria game, SOD was a weak point. Solid, dependable full-back, but rampaging wing back? Never. He is at Joe Wark's pace and unfortunately in all the Scotland games I have watched, he can't deliver one dangerous cross. Had a chance to push on and score second half, but his lack of pace let him down.

I hope he gets his fitness back so he can do a decent right back job for us, but I don't see him in too many Scotland teams going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Well below the Equator View Post
    After the Austria game, SOD was a weak point. Solid, dependable full-back, but rampaging wing back? Never. He is at Joe Wark's pace and unfortunately in all the Scotland games I have watched, he can't deliver one dangerous cross. Had a chance to push on and score second half, but his lack of pace let him down.

I hope he gets his fitness back so he can do a decent right back job for us, but I don't see him in too many Scotland teams going forward.
    Agree and as good as it gets for both club and country

FFS - didn't say he was the new Cafu ... but credit where it's due surely?

He bust a gut, played a first 70 mins in over 4 weeks after being out with C-19 and kept the big buy of Real Madrid at bay almost all night. Yer a hard bunch tae please !

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    FFS - didn't say he was the new Cafu ... but credit where it's due surely?
    Every man and his dog aware SoD weakness and can’t fathom why no one has worked with him to improve.
    Frustratingly witnessed his cross ball attempts NOT getting past 1st line of defence at club level
    How a player of his age/experience can’t pass or cross a ball with high level of consistency a mystery. He’s a professional football player !

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    Every man and his dog aware SoD weakness and can’t fathom why no one has worked with him to improve.
    Frustratingly witnessed his cross ball attempts NOT getting past 1st line of defence at club level
    How a player of his age/experience can’t pass or cross a ball with high level of consistency a mystery. He’s a professional football player !
    I think a cuppla of you miss my point. He's a full back, and not a marauding wing back with a cultured foot to make pin-point crosses. Probably wouldn't have played had Patterson been available. But he did play, and he played very well after a shaky start. Show some recognition at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)