Thread: David Marshall

David Marshall

The chances are that Rooney believed that Marshall would have been on his way in the latest widow, not only freeing up wages but allowing us that extra spot within our available players….

My question is not that the window has closed and he’s still here, do we now play him as our number 1 or do we negotiate a contract termination allowing us to sign another outfield free agent?

The question begs a 2nd question... seeing all the debt we are apparently in, HMRC, Keogh, Cocu and his staff, God alone knows who else, are we even in a state to offer Marshall more than 2/6d to buy his contract out?

I don't think we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    The chances are that Rooney believed that Marshall would have been on his way in the latest widow, not only freeing up wages but allowing us that extra spot within our available players….

My question is not that the window has closed and he’s still here, do we now play him as our number 1 or do we negotiate a contract termination allowing us to sign another outfield free agent?
    Rooney is hardly going to look a pratt and make him no 1 is he? So we are stuck with him, though in my opinion he is the best keeper we have.