+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teams We Have Played Performances 2021-22

<><><> November 2021 Division one opponents <><><>

Looking at the 4 teams, the Millers played in November 2021

End of November games, the Millers top of division one with 38 points, from 19 games.

Charlton Athletic 1-1 Millers -------- Charlton Athletic in 15th place, with 23 points.
    Millers 3-1 Cambridge United ---- -- Cambridge United in 16th place, with 23 points.
    Ipswich Town 0-2 Millers ------------ Ipswich Town in 11th place, with 27 points.
    Oxford United 0-0 Millers ----------- Oxford United in 8th place, with 32 points.

Millers games in November, the Millers gained 8 points, from 2 wins & 2 draws.
    Scoring 6 goals, with only conceding 2 goals.

Millers went to Charlton Athletic, got a point in a 1-1 draw, Charlton playing well under a caretaker manager.
    November results for Charlton, 2 wins 2 draws 1 lost.

Millers beat a decent Cambridge United team 3-1
    November results for Cambridge, 1 win 1 draw 3 lost.

Millers gave Ipswich Town a football lesson in the 2-0 away win.
    November results for Ipswich, 2 wins 1 draw 2 lost.

Millers travelled to covid-19 hit Oxford United, a 0-0 draw for 2 form teams.
    November results for Oxford, 1 win 2 draws.

The Millers top of division one on merit, playing attractive football, but need to punish
    teams more in getting more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ..... surprised to see that Sunderland had 45%, it didn't seem like it.
    I rarely take note of possession stats as they mean nothing. Take the game against Ipswich, first half we had 31% possession but we went up 1-0 at half time. For all Ipswich’ 69% possession they either knocked it sideways or backwards, that’s not productive.

The Sunderland game, they may have had 45% possession but, with ours we slammed 5 past them.

Since we lost to Fleetwood. 5 draws and 7 wins in the league. Being critical, 3 of those draws should have been wins

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Since we lost to Fleetwood. 5 draws and 7 wins in the league. Being critical, 3 of those draws should have been wins
    Being pedantic as always, it's 8 wins (and not really a stressful one amongst them)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Being pedantic as always, it's 8 wins (and not really a stressful one amongst them)
    .and a very healthy GD along the way
    Just the odd injury or illness
    No red cards

I should have won lotto by now! But I haven't. You win games you shouldn't remember Swansea time before in the championship they battered us at the NYS but two dodgy pens got us the win & lose games when you were the best side. Sometimes things go for you sometimes they don't.

And when they don’t it’s Warnes fault.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Tbf when I wrote 7 I was thinking.
    16 unbeaten! Hmmm have we played 4 cup games? I only remember 3. Then I remembered Cam would rectify any mistakes so it didn't really matter

<><><> December 2021 Division One Opponents <><><>

Looking at the 4 teams we played in December 2021

Millers top of the table, with 47 points from 23 games [Games played up to 29th December 2021]

Sunderland v Sheffield Wednesday to play 30th December [Sunderland 46 points from 23 games]

Millers 5 - 1 Gillingham ------------ Gillingham in 23rd place, with 17 points
    Millers 3 - 1 Burton Albion --------- Burton Albion in 13th place, with 28 points
    Cambridge Utd 0 - 1 Millers ------- Cambridge United in 17th place, with 26 points
    Accrington Stanley 1 - 0 Millers --- Accrington Stanley in 10th place, with 34 points
    Millers [off] Lincoln City ----------- Lincoln City in 20th place, with 22 points

Millers games in December, the Millers gained 9 points, from 3 wins, & 1 loss
    Scoring 9 goals, with 3 goals conceded.

Millers secured a 5-1 win against former manager Steve Evans team Gillingham.
    December results for Gillingham, played 2 games, lost both games, also 2 games off.

Millers beat Burton Albion 3-1 at the NYS.
    December results for Burton Albion, played 2 games, lost both games, 2 games off.

Cambridge United lost 0-1 to the Millers, with Barlaser scoring the only goal.
    December results for Cambridge Utd, played 3 games, won 1 lost 2 with 2 games off

Accrington Stanley 1-0 Millers, Accrington manager John Colman set up his side to combat
    a Millers side on a unbeaten run, Millers should have played on the floor, but played into
    Accrington's hands with the high ball against a strong defensive rearguard.
    December results for Accrington Stanley, played 5 games, won 3 drawn 1 lost 1

Millers v Lincoln City [game off] covid in the Lincoln City team
    December results for Lincoln City, played 3 games, won none, 2 lost, 1 draw, one game off

Accrington Stanley were able to play 5 games in division one in December, while other games
    succumbed to covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    And when they don’t it’s Warnes fault.
    I don’t think anybody suggested that after the latest defeat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast