+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine passports at football

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    How is Brexit always to blame when the SNP phuck up
    ❤ Brexit, ❤ Sweden ❤ The Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    How is Brexit always to blame when the SNP phuck up
    Didn't say Brexit was to blame. Genuinely don't know enough about it, was only asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    The Uk one, i.e. the one that Scotland ignored to set up their own system, is compatible with the systems abroad but the Scottish one isn't. The info contained in it is Name, Address, DOB and details of where the person got both jags and the vaccine used. It is nothing to do with the French, Italians etc. to set up; all the businesses over there are asking for is proof of both jags and you can access services, go into bars/restaurants etc. I actually agree with you that it is not ideal to have such info bandied about here in the case of our limited requirement to prove vaccination status or abroad for all the services that it is required for. Paper copies without the QR code are not being accepted leaving scots not able to enter bars and restaurants that similar English tourists can. I suppose it is a matter of 'forced' choice in these ridiculous times. You can go abroad without this info/certificate/QR code as a lot of the countries allow us in with lesser 'stuff' but you wont have the same experience when there. The point I was making was that if we hadn't been so pig headed/ignorant and bought into a UK certification the there would not have been a problem. But of course that is not the SNP way, better to cause complications, sow seeds of grievance and do what they normally do a total b0llocks of it all.
    Good explanation cheers.

I agree it's time the SNP stopped the divisive politics and just joined in especially where the health of the people is concerned..

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Good explanation cheers.

I agree it's time the SNP stopped the divisive politics and just joined in especially where the health of the people is concerned..
    No chance of there being a U.K. wide system operating in Scotland as long as Nicola is in charge as she craves the power and has to be different even if the Scottish Government system does not work in England.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    No chance of there being a U.K. wide system operating in Scotland as long as Nicola is in charge as she craves the power and has to be different even if the Scottish Government system does not work in England.
    I understand the only issue with it was the wee bit tartan around the edges of the QR code.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    I understand the only issue with it was the wee bit tartan around the edges of the QR code.
    I have previously posted on this forum about a friend on Islay who last October travelled to Liverpool for a family funeral who could not use his NHS Scotland app in England.
    NHS England apps cannot be used in Scotland.
    Nothing now surprises me when it comes to failures and cover ups by the SNP controlled Scottish Government. In 2015 an integrated smart ticketing scheme was binned before it was ever rolled out by the Scottish Government at a cost of over £3 million to the Scottish taxpayers as it was a failure. The Scottish Government refused to reveal the name of the firm who was awarded the contract to produce this smart ticketing scheme throughout Scotland.

had a meal out with very longstanding friends who live in England and have done so for years and years. conversation turned to vaccinations, all of us were triple jabbed, and the rights and wrongs of Vaccine passports. our friends were surprised by the level of covid management we are still using, masks and so on and the topic of vaccine passports seemed to be a point of difference between the two nations. Seemed like england were just going to get on as best they could, whilst the talk in Scotland seems to be that covid passports might be an important part of our future.

There have been comments that people might not be able to carry on in their current employment if they refuse to be vaccinated and that seemed to be both in England and Scotland. There is also the prospect of children being vaccinated and it seemed to me that it might be interesting to learn what other posters think.

All politicians can be trusted to act in any way that suits their way of life etc, but I am not sure that they all have the country's best interests at heart. Was hoping that we might be able to avoid Nicola bad, Boris good type comments, and possibly the contrary Nicola good Boris bad!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    had a meal out with very longstanding friends who live in England and have done so for years and years. conversation turned to vaccinations, all of us were triple jabbed, and the rights and wrongs of Vaccine passports. our friends were surprised by the level of covid management we are still using, masks and so on and the topic of vaccine passports seemed to be a point of difference between the two nations. Seemed like england were just going to get on as best they could, whilst the talk in Scotland seems to be that covid passports might be an important part of our future.

There have been comments that people might not be able to carry on in their current employment if they refuse to be vaccinated and that seemed to be both in England and Scotland. There is also the prospect of children being vaccinated and it seemed to me that it might be interesting to learn what other posters think.

All politicians can be trusted to act in any way that suits their way of life etc, but I am not sure that they all have the country's best interests at heart. Was hoping that we might be able to avoid Nicola bad, Boris good type comments, and possibly the contrary Nicola good Boris bad!
    Have only had to 'use' the covid passport once if use is the right word. My phone being of the stone age variety meant that I had to use the paper copy requested from the NHS. So the Mrs. and I toddled off to Edinburgh to see the band King King. Long queues had formed outside the venue so we feared the worst about getting in as the concert was under the Covid Vaccination Certificate rules and the venue warned that they would be strictly enforced. That turned out to be nonsense. We were all told to have phones or paper copies ready for inspection but no one even looked at them. There were no readers for the electronic copies and I could have had a copy of the Beano in my hand for all the attention paid to it. Why do they bother. If other or most venues take as little notice it is a pointless gesture which amounts to nothing. Also inside there was hardly a mask to be seen even with those not drinking at the time.

It was great to be back at a live music gig again and the band were superb though!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

Vaccine passports are pointless.

It dosent stop you getting, having or passing it on.

The difference in compliance between the Scottish and English public saddens me greatly.

It's nothing but politicians being drunk on power whether that be Scotland, UK, Australia or NZ.

Up here they seem to be gagging to put more restrictions in place.

Was at vaccine centre today getting flu jag and was challenged 5 times 're mask despite it stating on the letter no need if exempt.....all challenges were dealt with btw.

I'm afraid this battle (and it is a battle) to get the state out of people's lives has a long way to run.....and the state is winning at the moment......seems to be total fear especially with anyone over a certain age.

Covid is political now, I'll never vote for anyone or any party who wants to continue with this utter nonsense.

biggest disappointment seems to me to be that fear of each other is being used as a weapon by the politicians against their electorate. Used be fear of the foreigner, now it is fear of everyone you meet.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)