+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The greens

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Chapper.
    I assume that you mean that she just paps the ball up the fairway. There used to be women golfers at Downfield GC who hit the ball about a hundred yards along the fairway. However they had a problem at the 11th hole on the course where there is a pond followed by the Gelly Burn about five yards beyond the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No bad for someone in late 50s.
    Posted twice in error.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 06-09-2021 at 03:55 PM.

No bad for someone in late 50s.
    That is a good handicap for a woman in her late 50’s.
    I assume that she is your partner in mixed golf competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    That is a good handicap for a woman in her late 50’s.
    I assume that she is your partner in mixed golf competitions.
    No mixed golf comps where I am, just single *** comps or club comps (knock outs) which are open to either ***.....single matchplay, single stroke play, foursomes, greensomes and fourball.

No mixed golf comps where I am, just single *** comps or club comps (knock outs) which are open to either ***.....single matchplay, single stroke play, foursomes, greensomes and fourball.
    What language is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What language is that?
    Gala

Spoken at most bingo halls.😎

Quote Originally Posted by returnofrros View Post
    gala

spoken at most bingo halls.��
    house!!!!!!!!!!

I assume that you mean that she just paps the ball up the fairway. There used to be women golfers at Downfield GC who hit the ball about a hundred yards along the fairway. However they had a problem at the 11th hole on the course where there is a pond followed by the Gelly Burn about five yards beyond the pond.
    Lexi Thomson and charley hull can chap it around downfield, cairdie Strathmore, or Campy wee me any time they want

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Lexi Thomson and charley hull can chap it around downfield, cairdie Strathmore, or Campy wee me any time they want
    When I played golf at Downfield none of the women golfers were good looking like them.
    Back in the 190’s and 70’s most of the women golfers at Downfield were ‘jolly hockey’ type players.
    Drumoig must be a unique golf club as I have never heard of another golf club where men and women play and compete together in all club competitions. It is make it slower to play with women playing off different tees from the men.

When I played golf at Downfield none of the women golfers were good looking like them.
    Back in the 190’s and 70’s most of the women golfers at Downfield were ‘jolly hockey’ type players.
    Drumoig must be a unique golf club as I have never heard of another golf club where men and women play and compete together in all club competitions. It is make it slower to play with women playing off different tees from the men.
    Just the knockouts Islay, usually in pairs only around 3 or 4 women take part as they are considered club tournaments as opposed to single ***.

How we normally do it is the men tee off first no matter whose honour ...saves a bit of time......only ever had one objection to that.

My partner is an extremly quick player, no phaffing with watches, viewfinders or any of the other palava.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)