+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Sadly Mike, you were right about relegation as were a few others. However, you are wrong on pretty much everything else I am sorry to say
    Thanks but I will be proved right with everything else eventually!

MSB, I know I was wrong- that's why I said it🙄. But let's look at that old-fashioned concept of context! You said we'd be relegated (you and others were right) but because of the academy.
    So, there we have -I was wrong and some others were right.
    No probs!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    MSB, I know I was wrong- that's why I said it��. But let's look at that old-fashioned concept of context! You said we'd be relegated (you and others were right) but because of the academy.
    So, there we have -I was wrong and some others were right.
    No probs!
    We clearly were not relegated because of the Academy. That is the same as saying we were promoted because of it. In actual fact, one of the things that cost is was poor signings to supplement our own young players. Add to that some very untimely and long term injuries and I would suggest we had no good luck at all this season. On the subject of Williams, he is more than ready. A very good player and dare I say it, if he signs his contract and stays here for another 2 seasons minimum, he will get even better and will have some good experience behind him when he gets his move to the Premiership

Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    We clearly were not relegated because of the Academy. That is the same as saying we were promoted because of it. In actual fact, one of the things that cost is was poor signings to supplement our own young players. Add to that some very untimely and long term injuries and I would suggest we had no good luck at all this season. On the subject of Williams, he is more than ready. A very good player and dare I say it, if he signs his contract and stays here for another 2 seasons minimum, he will get even better and will have some good experience behind him when he gets his move to the Premiership
    Not relegated because of the academy? Mmmmm OK if you say so....Acccrington did fine without one.....

I haven't seen Williams play but just looking at his photo on the main site, its arguable if he can keep the physical pace with some worldly wise D4 players and 'when' he gets his move to the PL? I hope he does OK as we could get 300K for him like the others we have sold but £760K academy costs for the season that doesn't go very far and we know players in Div4 are not worth those in higher leagues but we'll see?? Anyway what IS the point is we spend all that money over ten years to try and see if someone can play at Div4 for a season or two? That is not value for money in my book when dozens of players are available now to play in these positions...and save £7.5m pounds as well..

We've probably explained it about 20 times (more?) but hey......

Sigh...!

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Sigh...!

Whilst Mike is rehashing his thoughts on the academy we have missed the announcement of the retain list I think straight away the disappointing thing is the retention of some fairly mediocre midfield players so we certainly must strengthen in that department quite heavily what does everyone else think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Whilst Mike is rehashing his thoughts on the academy we have missed the announcement of the retain list I think straight away the disappointing thing is the retention of some fairly mediocre midfield players so we certainly must strengthen in that department quite heavily what does everyone else think ?
    Is he rehashing? Thought he was stuck in the 60’s with pounds shillings and pence and petrol in gallons, leather caseys and NO COACHING.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Is he rehashing? Thought he was stuck in the 60’s with pounds shillings and pence and petrol in gallons, leather caseys and NO COACHING.
    Hehe!

Its my age of course but for me the 60's was a wonderful era of everything going on and the music was up there and why some groups from then are still doing it today.

Football was fantastic then and of course we won the world cup and in reality which few today will agree is there really wasn't any junior coaching or senior coaching and players were chosen purely on their ability. I have never enjoyed watching kids play at anytime. Back then the pitch conditions were worse than now, the casey were damn heavy and most savage tackles were allowed and so in many respects the football itself should be better but its not. I suspect the penalty was when we stopped having 5 forwards and just have one or two up front....I think that started before academies with Leeds and Don Revie copying the continentals...

Ah the old days are gone forever....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12