+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grealish for england?

Grealish for england?

I read an article where Jack Grealish said that he believed he had a better chance of becoming an England regular by playing for Man Citeh. Is this really the reasoning of Southgate? Given this criteria he would not have had a single game for England, how does this even make sense? I believe that Southgate just doesn't fancy Jack, he has just used the fact that Grealish plays for a "small" club like Villa, because he doesn't want to reveal he has his favourites.
    We shall see in the next few days if Jack suddenly becomes a fixture in the side.

Well, just read this stat: first 3 games last season for villa....played 3 score 3 assists 3 not picked for England
    This season
    City played 3 score 1 assists 1
    Picked for England

Its pretty obvious, the only reason he played in the Euros is because Beaky knew he was joining City!
    To be honest, i dont want any of our boys like Watkins or Cash, Konsa playing for England because as soon as they do, they want out! Mixing with the big boys....

When exactly did he say it Mondaze - before or after he was first called up to the squad? I don't think it's how Southgate's mind works or else Mings/Phillips wouldn't feature?

When questioned whether he made the move to City to improve his England prospects, Grealish replied: "That was a massive reason.

"To be playing for England in the biggest of games I need to be playing at club level in the biggest of games, that would be the Champions League and all these type of games.

Ashley Preece article in birmingham mail.

There’s plenty in that England starting eleven who don’t play Champions League (including Kane) to make that statement nonsense.
    I think the fact that someone like Pep is prepared to pay 100M for him has forced Southgate to reassess his opinion of him.

Ashley Preece and the Birmingham talk shlte, he runs about 50 stories a day based on nothing. It sounds like he just sits there dreaming and writing down his thoughts, he also trawls the blogs for any kind of Info.
    Especially on the News Now web site, theres only him printing click bait, I just ignore the B'ham Mail...

I think that Ashley Preece is one of the better ones. What kind of journo would he be, if he didn’t trawl everywhere during his research? That’s what journalists have always done, research is the gathering of information.

Much of the B’Mail is total bull, but every bit of media is a mish-mash of each other’s guff. However, Preece’s piece was a personal editorial, from the heart, following his own lead.

In my opinion, Jack’s interview with England came across as an extremely arrogant and big-time Charlie. Claiming Pep had improved him 100%, in just 4 weeks? Claiming that his new teammates have ‘already’ made him better.

Wow, this reeks of fkcu you to his former donkey-comrades and a big finger for DS.

A good heartfelt article, in my book. Fair play to you Ashley Preece.

totally agree exiled Ashley was convinced that Grealish would stay, as he had bought into the villan til i die mantra, so seeing him trash that verdict was a kick in the teeth. I felt the same way.

Watch this space, Ashley Preece will say the opposite tomorrow! According to him, we were about to sign around 20 players this window. Sorry, Its obvious but I do not like him. Grealish hit back at Preece for what he said. Grealish will change and any ties he had with us will dispear in time.

I agree Dave, Grealish is not good at all at interviews and it's very easy to spot what is written by PR people (the goodbye and the response to Preece's article on Twitter for example). This is all turning bitter and I don't think for a minute he wants it to be this way, he just isn't polished enough & some of what he says is taken out of context. "100%" means he feels he has already improved, not he's 100% better - it's a bit of daft question to be honest but he's not quick thinking enough to say "it's early days etc etc" so what rolls of the tongue is just lingo like "totally".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)