+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hungary v England - Southgate should drop Raheem Sterling

A nice spot of Sunday evening ironing.

Bringing this thread back to life purely to discuss Cal Roberts. Once again booked for decent. Should IB drop him? We will soon be missing him as he is on 4 bookings now which is a surprise given he barely tackles anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Bringing this thread back to life purely to discuss Cal Roberts. Once again booked for decent. Should IB drop him? We will soon be missing him as he is on 4 bookings now which is a surprise given he barely tackles anyone.
    Good question, because the booking today was fully deserved and down to sheer petulance. It wasn't for "decent", it was because he threw the ball into the ground to show his frustration at the officials. Because it was down to misplaced passion rather than anything premeditated, I think a stern word or two would suffice in this case.

I would drop him just because I don't think it's working for him right now anyway, I think he'll be better for the break. He's constantly moaning and not exactly doing much movement for people to aim at so might be a good chance to bring him back to earth a little bit

Once again booked for decent.
    Now that is harsh.

Why he’s taking the pennos anyway, has Ruben ever missed one?

Yeah I thought Cal was a bit of a Billy Big Bollox today, not sure we know the best way to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not because of the way he played, but for the disgraceful the way he let his manager, team mates and England fans down by deciding to take a booking in order to display a personal message under his shirt. He has a big enough profile to promote the message away from a football pitch, so the decision to put himself at risk of leaving his country one mistimed tackle away from playing with ten men was incredibly selfish. This sort of action needs stamping on quickly Mr Southgate.
    Villa player did the same today with the same message.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good question, because the booking today was fully deserved and down to sheer petulance. It wasn't for "decent", it was because he threw the ball into the ground to show his frustration at the officials. Because it was down to misplaced passion rather than anything premeditated, I think a stern word or two would suffice in this case.
    The daft thing was the ball came off him and he let it roll out of play and then argued with the lino who made the correct decision.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112