+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby tickets

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Kind of same here mate
    Must admit, the days of setting the Betamax so you could come home to watch Scotsport, Sportcene, Match of the day are long long gone for me too. Unless its United or Scotland I don't even watch any matches on demand etc, but would probably have been there anyway or watched on PPV or Sky.

It might be that we are being saturated with football nearly every day/night of the week instead of looking forward to one or two matches per week.

I don't know, but I agree with a few posters that football isn't quite so alive (for me at least) as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    what the club should really be doing is using the current ST holders as their cohort, not looking at whether our numbers go up next year but looking at how many of those who had one this season renews next and that would give them some form of basis for value (number will always be less than 100%)

They should also take those same customers and year on year see what else they buy, ie how much do they then spend in the shop, is that going up or down when the ticket prices move etc? This will tell them how they are doing with the core support.

It would however get trumped if gate fans were rising etc

TBH in all likelyhood we prob dont do that, i doubt we have the inhouse team to do that but the big teams will be doing it.
    Guessing season ticket sales would go down if started letting nonseason ticket holders pick their games and get in to cat A's for £20 that would also mean all away supporters getting in for £20 also

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    Just passed denna dump, must been least 100 in queue , must be for tickets for derby game, i wont be going they scunnered me, sick seen crap football, i could not give toss what league were in , all i want to enjoy football again, and right now as few said it even puts you of big games in english premier now.
    Good on their supporters who are following their team you don't fancy it fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Not going to use any excuses like , value for money or product on the park or lack of signings etc. I will always support United no matter what. But......... I was looking forward to making the Derby match my first one back, then I find out it is a Sunday match which I'm not over keen on. Then to add to that it is a very early 12:00 kick off (hate them) prefer to meet my mates for a few hours before to "discuss" how things will go. Then I see the price has changed from £23 for my last match to £30 for this one.

Call it what you will, inflation, current climate, Covid 19 bail out, that leap in price is too much. The fans have supported the club well financially over the last few years. Accepting the SPL prices in the diddy league to help with SPL players wages amongst other things was just one.

Don't want to seem a whinger, but unless we the fans somehow let the club know that we (maybe not everyone) think £30 is a wee bit to much too soon, then someone within the club might think all is well and the fans are quite happy with this.

I will be back very soon I know that, but a culmination of things have put me off this fixture.

So, I'm gonna do a Wolfie Smith on behalf of the Tannadice Popular Front and protest by staying away for this one.

PS: you can get hell of a lot of beer and nibbles for £30
    Yeah you can get quite a lot of beer for £23 also so why bother going at all? To be fair don't like sunday matchs or early kick off's like my few pints before and after but would not use them as an excuse to miss a derby or a few quid if I could afford it but hey ho no problem everyone makes their own choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Must admit, the days of setting the Betamax so you could come home to watch Scotsport, Sportcene, Match of the day are long long gone for me too. Unless its United or Scotland I don't even watch any matches on demand etc, but would probably have been there anyway or watched on PPV or Sky.

It might be that we are being saturated with football nearly every day/night of the week instead of looking forward to one or two matches per week.

I don't know, but I agree with a few posters that football isn't quite so alive (for me at least) as it used to be.
    Yeah agree mate we get far too much english football etc is boring now apart from utd.

Yeah you can get quite a lot of beer for £23 also so why bother going at all? To be fair don't like sunday matchs or early kick off's like my few pints before and after but would not use them as an excuse to miss a derby or a few quid if I could afford it but hey ho no problem everyone makes their own choices.
    I'm not making any excuses for missing the derby, I'm making a personal choice. I don't like the day, or the time, and think the price hike is too much too soon. I can afford to go but If we all just pay for everything we can afford then that's another huge can of wurmz

Could let everyone in free obviously would have to let tinks in free also and maybe get a full house could do that every week if it works and have a full ground just use season ticket money to run club.Obviously would have to cut back on wages ect and maybe class of players but could maybe fill ground if we could build a team on the cheap that could win games.
    Honestly. WTF kind of reply is this? either you are a great big bairn or you are pi5hed

If you didn't have a season ticket would you pay £30 to see us play Celtic or Sevco on a Sunday with a noon k.o. on tv? I wouldn't. I would pay it for the derby but for they 2 no.

We might categorise them as an A- or B and lower the price but that would mean categorising Hearts,Hibs and the Sheepies as Category C.

Tell me this Brian. How many £30 tickets are we shifting for the next home game v Celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    How many £30 tickets are we shifting for the next home game v Celtic?
    I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Honestly. WTF kind of reply is this? either you are a great big bairn or you are pi5hed

If you didn't have a season ticket would you pay £30 to see us play Celtic or Sevco on a Sunday with a noon k.o. on tv? I wouldn't. I would pay it for the derby but for they 2 no.

We might categorise them as an A- or B and lower the price but that would mean categorising Hearts,Hibs and the Sheepies as Category C.

Tell me this Brian. How many £30 tickets are we shifting for the next home game v Celtic?
    Yeah I would pay £30 to watch utd against septic and rancid but that is maybe because my morgage is paid and my kids are away from home have a decent job and no money worries.Have no Idea how many tickets utd will sell against either cheek the bigotry puts a lot of obviously sunday early kick off's also put people off think both with sell their tickets 5,000 or so at £30 no problem though which will help our club.Would not class myself as a big bairn and not pished but not taking too much offence at the insults.Some people seem to think utd can build a successful team charging home and away fans £20.While other teams charge a lot more but I will not start going down the insult route will leave that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    Eh what are you on about am i sure i am an Arab, are you sure you are.
    I kinda doubt you are imo (in my opinion)

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)