+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby tickets

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    tbh i agree, i think this is why i am so angry about us right now as im starting to watch all football less and less. Even the so called big teams packed with super stars are boring to watch. Man City are an absolute snooze fest and every manager now wants to look at whats trendy (what is pep doing) and force teams to play it with very little ability to make it work. This is prob why i am struggling with the whole value thing, since im paying out money to fall asleep and i could just get sleeping pills for cheaper
    Maurice Malpas fell asleep at a game once years ago think it was aberdeen new years game he was clearly watching it for whatever team he was with. he sat next to me back row GF upper right on half way line. Ive got a photo to prove it lol

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Wow, this escalated quickly.

Didn’t say the price for the Derby is right - £27-£28 max would be better with different prices between top and bottom tiers. Didn’t say I don’t understand why people aren’t going - if it’s too much and it’s unaffordable but would otherwise love to have gone, then family and other more important things take priority, of course they do. Didn’t say the Club aren’t getting out of touch a wee bit- in a previous post I highlighted several areas of concern culminating in this ticket debacle which is not exactly painting them in a good light currently and making them appear disenfranchised currently.

However, you only need to look back a few years to under the previous owner to see where we were and where we were going. Fan power helped no end in pressurising him out and given where we were to where we are now, you can hardly say the Club haven’t progressed generally under the Ogrens. BUT the big thing that helped the Club remain relevant was we stood up to the task, kept our attendances up, kept our pride and in no end, greatly assisted us getting back to where we should never have left. There was some right keech served up 2015-2019 and if we’d all chucked it and collectively failed to turn up, then quite simply we would not have had a Dundee United Football Club to support.

Currently are we where we want to be? No. Are we better than we were under Ray and Csaba? Big yes.

I watched some right scheite post Tommy McLean through to Sir Craig and not once did I go up expecting ‘ value for money’. I went up to support my team get results. Even though they were pretty far and few. When things got better and we won the Scottish Cup, I did look back on pride that we’d gone through some utter scheite but this was the pay off and I’m sure there were many who felt just like me.

You only have to look up the road to see how a so called ‘big Club’ can wither on the vine and deteriorate rapidly if fans just start to ‘chuck it’ because ‘it’s no good enough’. If you don’t keep supporting, how can it ever then improve?

So, rightly highlight the too high prices. If it’s too much and unaffordable quite rightly prioritise more important things. Complain to the Club. Engage with DUSF for instance and highlight concerns. But if you can perfectly afford it and are using ‘value for money’ or ‘‘product on the park’ as reasons for non attendance but are then perfectly happy to jump on the bandwagon when things get better, then sorry but that’s gloryhunting. Pure and simple.
    That is an absolutely magnificent post.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Bad example there bud as im sure you are well aware that if you get the right person to set up that Crowdfund, you would get your money! Im also sure you could find a few kind Arabs out there to build you the ramp for that sparkling new wheelchair.
    I don't want and would never ask for help from the crowd. The point I'm making is we all have different priorities for our money. Another example: I don't drink alcohol, smoke, or gamble so compared to some folk I'll be saving a fortune. I guess it's all relative but for the record, there is no way I'd describe myself as affluent.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    I also agree.

Not going to use any excuses like , value for money or product on the park or lack of signings etc. I will always support United no matter what. But......... I was looking forward to making the Derby match my first one back, then I find out it is a Sunday match which I'm not over keen on. Then to add to that it is a very early 12:00 kick off (hate them) prefer to meet my mates for a few hours before to "discuss" how things will go. Then I see the price has changed from £23 for my last match to £30 for this one.

Call it what you will, inflation, current climate, Covid 19 bail out, that leap in price is too much. The fans have supported the club well financially over the last few years. Accepting the SPL prices in the diddy league to help with SPL players wages amongst other things was just one.

Don't want to seem a whinger, but unless we the fans somehow let the club know that we (maybe not everyone) think £30 is a wee bit to much too soon, then someone within the club might think all is well and the fans are quite happy with this.

I will be back very soon I know that, but a culmination of things have put me off this fixture.

So, I'm gonna do a Wolfie Smith on behalf of the Tannadice Popular Front and protest by staying away for this one.

PS: you can get hell of a lot of beer and nibbles for £30

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Don't want to seem a whinger, but unless we the fans somehow let the club know that we (maybe not everyone) think £30 is a wee bit to much too soon, then someone within the club might think all is well and the fans are quite happy with this.
    agree with this. Whilst my concerns with them are growing, i do think the Ogrens have done a good job so far but i will not be helping them completely shaft some of the fan base by pricing them out

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    we have a massive issue right now with football in general where too many people are living in the past... the core football values of a club are no longer embedded in the community, yes most of the fans still feel like it is, but its not ... it is now a business, that is what we currently are to our owners and they will do whatever is necessary at some point to make money. If the owners fail (most will in Scotland) the fans willing to back whatever will eventually find out their blind faith meant nothing. I totally get that people just want to support the club, every club needs those fans but if everyone continues to accept everything the businessmen want then eventually you will find very little remains of the club you originally started supporting

Whether you like it or not you support a business, that business bought the rights to our badge. They can do whatever they want with it
    really if you don't want to support them any more mate then just don't it's not a problem but some of us have for 50 odd years or more and will probably forever don't see why that is annoying you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Football in general is dead to me and has been for a while. I dont watch it - feel extremely detached from the national teams, so called big leagues, the ronaldos of this world etc etc etc. I literally watch united for what i can only describe as its in my blood. I dont read about any other teams just us - i watch no highlights just us and ive been known to laugh more than i care at what i am seeing in last few years. As for the OF, england and world football - hope they all implode financially but i cant see it.
    Kind of same here mate

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    The next category A home game after the FUN must be Celtic. Wonder how many £30 tickets we'll sell for that one? This game will be on tv and more than likely on a Sunday so the home end will look 5hite on tv.

At least when the Mhinks come and probably outnumber us they won't be singing their usual bile!no they'll be too busy singing " what a 5hitey home support "
    Could let everyone in free obviously would have to let tinks in free also and maybe get a full house could do that every week if it works and have a full ground just use season ticket money to run club.Obviously would have to cut back on wages ect and maybe class of players but could maybe fill ground if we could build a team on the cheap that could win games.

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)