+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liam Kitching suspended

Liam Kitching suspended

Barnsley FC defender Liam Kitching has been suspended for three games by The Football Association.

Kitching was judged to have committed an act of violet conduct during the second half of Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Birmingham City.

The Football Association statement reads:

“Liam Kitching will be unavailable for Barnsley FC’s next three fixtures following behaviour during the 77th minute of their EFL Championship game against Birmingham City FC on Saturday [28/08/21] that constitutes violent conduct.

“The defender’s behaviour was not seen by the match officials at the time but it was caught on camera and he was subsequently charged by The FA with a breach of FA Rule E1.1. Liam Kitching admitted the charge but also submitted a claim that the automatic penalty was ‘clearly excessive’.

“His claim was dismissed and the standard three-match suspension imposed by an independent Regulatory Commission during a hearing.”

Kitching will now miss Barnsley’s Sky Bet Championship fixtures against AFC Bournemouth (11 September), Stoke City (15 September) and Blackburn Rovers (18 September).

He could return at Bloomfield Road, when the Reds travel to Blackpool in the Sky Bet Championship on 25 September.

Correct decision by FA.

Stupid behaviour.

A harsh lesson .

Play with your brains lad .

Hot heads are the thickest feckers out there .

Seen the highlights. Completely agree with the decision. Not sure why he bothered appealing.

Let's be honest though (And I do get why they've dished it out) but it was handbags stuff - and in fairness their player didnt go to ground like he'd been shot - it's a proper wet lettuce incident.

Yet look at Chairs' challenge at QPR - which resulted in a yellow, and dare I say it Morgans elbow on Hulme - why only non-picked up incidents can be retrospectively increased in punishment?

My point is this - If a referee and officials make an error in judgement - whether picked up at the time or not - then a harsher judgement should be able to be passed. Is VAR not a similar tool to 'undermine' a referees take on an incident or am I missing something? (A ref could give a yellow and the VAR room says Red, a red is awarded . They dont say ' no , its a fair kop ref, you've said yellow so yellow it is. The game is a shambles

Whilst I agree that retrospective punishment should be handed art, the same rule should also apply to the cheating barstewards that we see week in week art diving better than Tom Daley.

Kitching is young and will learn. Silly thing to do. End of.

Let's hope Mads is back soon otherwise our defence will tekka hit.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Whilst I agree that retrospective punishment should be handed art, the same rule should also apply to the cheating barstewards that we see week in week art diving better than Tom Daley.

Kitching is young and will learn. Silly thing to do. End of.

Let's hope Mads is back soon otherwise our defence will tekka hit.
    Before we played qpr austin headbutted a player,it wa on quest,a thought he ant been banned cos it wasnt on sky,if same rule applys to all,weve 2 extra pts na,austin as scored more goals against tarn than he has over any other club.i ant seen kitchen incident and am all for players getting banned even though officials av missed it,why wasnt austin banned against us?frustrating.

Sorry to go over old ground on this one but I've been away for a few days!

So lets look at the severity of Liam Kitchings offence and Philip Billings offence yet the FA cant retrospectively punish a potentially career ending injury because the ref couldnt do his job right on the day???? Really??

The lad has even come out and apologised. Now this is straight forward - you go and change the yellow to a red and ban the dirty little get!!

Grow a pair FA!!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post

So lets look at the severity of Liam Kitchings offence and Philip Billings offence yet the FA cant retrospectively punish a potentially career ending injury because the ref couldnt do his job right on the day???? Really??

The lad has even come out and apologised. Now this is straight forward - you go and change the yellow to a red and ban the dirty little get!!

Grow a pair FA!!
    Absolutely .

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post

Grow a pair FA!!
    Yep, crack on with it FA