+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a load of sh!te.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Well that's the thing. It's a massive insult to the fans whichever way you look at it. Either they think we're so stupid that we'll read that and go 'ah, well that explains it' or they know we won't believe it-and, in fact, will get pissed off by how blatant the lies are-and don't care.

One thing's for sure, this is exactly the line Bruce is peddling-he is fully compliciit and deserves no slack from the fans whatsoever despite what you'll hear from his sympathetic media buddies about him being hung out to dry.
    This one of he reasons I absolutely hate the cabbage heeded barsteward. He knew what he was walking into. He knew he was no where good enough. He knew he would take the shyte and he still pretends he has the answers. Most of his anserws are try the same shyte next week. The real problem is Ashlie though he knows there are plenty of useless managers out there so he says "get one in I will tell them what he wants, then pull the plug and he takes the flack. Only thing is proper supporters see through that but the happy clappers still think we have an owner who makes honest mistakes (like appointing this twit after many more). Its obvious he has run us down so much a decent manager would never touch us and we are championship level from our next relegation for a long long time
    And cabbage heed is complicit in this
    sorry for rant and my wife is 8000 miles away suffering from covid and i feel like a c7nt

Where will bad Ashley go when he dies? He won't go to heaven where the angels fly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4LdUQzCPPM

It's a masterclass in selectivity really - citing the net transfer spend over a specific period of time to inflate the figure significantly.

The net transfer spend in the entire time since Ashley took over is around £158m, which means it's just over £10m per season over this last 15 years.

But, as I've pointed out numerous times, TV revenue has gone up by 500% over the same period. Our share of that is linked to performance (so there's actually an incentive to do well on the pitch, would you believe??) and here's some sample confirmed amounts received vs what we spent in the same season, plus our league finish:

2009/10 TV revenue = £12m | Net transfer spend = £18.71m profit | League finish = 1st in Championship
    2011/12 TV revenue = £54m | Net transfer spend = £9.14m loss | League finish = 5th in PL
    2013/14 TV revenue = £77m | Net transfer spend = £19.86m profit | League finish = 10th in PL
    2019/20 TV revenue = £126m | Net transfer spend = £33.53 loss | League finish = 13th in PL

So the idea that this is some sort of good faith defence of the transfer policy is utter nonsense. Our net transfer spend should have easily been outstripped by growth in TV and commercial revenues if our club was being even remotely well-managed.

Moreover, it's notable that they included the Willock transfer fee in full in their net spend figure, despite the club statement LITERALLY BEING ABOUT TAKING HIM ON CREDIT. Again, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. In the statement itself, they've asterisked the amount with a justificatory note saying, in effect: "Well, we say £120m, but obviously we haven't spent that amount - some of it is on tick, and some of it is just a guess based on how well the signings perform - for example, if Joelinton ends up banging in a hundred goals for Brazil we will have to fork out another £10m or something, so we've whacked that into the total too."

I'm tired of the gaslighting. Just be honest: you're not spending because the owner is desperate to sell the club and doesn't want to put his own money into it to make it do any more than survive in the meantime, and you've only changed policies about paying in instalments because you're increasingly willing to pass that debt onto the next owner (whoever that might be).

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Where will bad Ashley go when he dies? He won't go to heaven where the angels fly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4LdUQzCPPM
    Well thank you for sending me down a Nirvana rabbit hole....didn't go to bed for bloody ages, man.

And fantastic post, Andy. Gaslighting is exactly what it is-best description I've seen of what they do,

As has been said,its an insult to intelligence.How they can have the audacity to spout this drivel is beyond me.Surely now everyone (& I mean everyone) can see through these bullshytters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Well thank you for sending me down a Nirvana rabbit hole....didn't go to bed for bloody ages, man.

And fantastic post, Andy. Gaslighting is exactly what it is-best description I've seen of what they do,
    Haha you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    As has been said,its an insult to intelligence.How they can have the audacity to spout this drivel is beyond me.Surely now everyone (& I mean everyone) can see through these bullshytters.
    You are sadly wrong with that assumption and there lies the obstacle to getting rid of the cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Everyone can see through it except the media who have taken it as Gospel.Takes two minutes to add up our spending over the period that they quoted as £125m on 9 permanent signings They say they spent £160m. However they must of forgotten that Ashlie made a big song and dance about the club only spending £20m on Joelinton as he paid the rest himself. The club are using £40m as price for Joelinton now. So the actual figure spent is £105m thats a massive £55m difference. However the pundits and media clowns will still try to tell us the club spent £160m because some fat lying ass hat told them they did

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)