+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Starting again?

Starting again?

Is it only me or does it feel like the end of the pre-season again? A new group of players - the three newbies signed by the window deadline, Onyeka fit again, Lowery back in negotiations, Long (how long is he expected to be out?) yet to start, NOBODY else leaving AND 10 days of preparation before the next match - it's all sort of exciting again.
    I'm sure some are likely to be stuck in pessimist zone but I'm ready for an upturn. The only negative is that we've only got 1 home game this month. October should be good though!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Is it only me or does it feel like the end of the pre-season again? A new group of players - the three newbies signed by the window deadline, Onyeka fit again, Lowery back in negotiations, Long (how long is he expected to be out?) yet to start, NOBODY else leaving AND 10 days of preparation before the next match - it's all sort of exciting again.
    I'm sure some are likely to be stuck in pessimist zone but I'm ready for an upturn. The only negative is that we've only got 1 home game this month. October should be good though!
    My only fear is that there needs to be massive improvement, I don’t agree with Dave and Kenny’s assessment that we are not far off, so let’s hope the new players in are the creative improvement we need. On another slightly negative point for me to many loans in would prefer to see permanent signings, what happens when they go back to their parent club we end up with massive gaps and none of our younger players have been blooded.

With the size of our squad other players are bound to get blooded too I'd think.

On the lack of home games, still possible to re-arrange the Morecambe game this month - don't think either of us have a fixture on Tuesday 21st? In fact, though not announced, just checked our fixture list and lo and behold "Morecambe H 21st September"!

That 'extra' home game may certainly be beneficial to a 'relaunch' of the season.
    I agree on the blooding of youngsters. I imagine Adebisi, Johnson, Lundstram, Griffiths and Onyeka will get plenty of games between them, this season.