+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mings as captain

He's a good leader on and off the pitch, isn't afraid to speak his mind & he does so with clarity - he uses his platform well and for now we live in a free country so there's the right to disagree with his views. I expect he will get a role in the footballing establishment when he hangs up his boots.

As a player - confidence is such a big factor, for some it's almost unshakeable regardless of form but for others it's less robust and I'm sure he demands the highest standards of himself. The best thing we can do for him and all of the team is back them to the hilt, this is turning out to be a very difficult start to the season after what has happened last night with the two Emi's.

My thoughts, for what they are worth, Greasy Jack should never have been captain, wrong attitude, Mings is much more in the traditional vein, speaks up, supports what he supports, end of. I dont get the bandwaggon comment, I saw a long interview with Tyrone about 18 months ago where he clearly discussed, among other things, his attitudes to mental health, racism, poverty and the like, he came across then, as he does now, as educated and thoughtful, agree/disagree with his thoughts? up to the individual, at least for the moment thankfully.

I think thats the problem.....'its up to the individual' these days, its not. You either comply or you are a homophobic, Anti Jew, Racist, you must love the 99 non binaries and accept the world has changed, celbrate your failings and feel proud you cannot pronounce your R's, you over 50's don't count as your nearly Dead well, according to Greta Thumberg. We have touched on this subject before and I honestly believe amongst adults and the educated on here, actually speak my mind but go on Twitter or YT and you will be seen as worse than a murderer. I see nothing wrong with anyone and ive learned to keep my gob shut incase it 'Offends' anyone but know you what, I am a person too and just because i'm straight and like straight women, I feel dirty, i bring no issues to the table. I wish people: wokes, snowflakes would just shut up and go away, do what makes you happy but stop advertising it, stop pushing it in my face. I'm just waiting with baited breath what the bbc are going to do with the new Dr Who, Maybe Mings would like that role? Sorry just a joke, oh no ive committed a crime, of course im not supposed to makes jokes or make fun of people anymore in jest....the world has gone mad but I feel that these Wokes should look at themselves and realise, in an effort to push their agenda they, are making other people suffer and yes I am bloody offended!

Twitter is infested by the Woke Dave, about 20% of folk use the platform so it's not truly representative or at times reflective of wider society but you have to worry when the likes of Biden support the concept of men who identify as women being able to have the right to be treated as such - prisons, locker rooms, as a Dad to a ****age daughter it scares the life out of me. It's taken a step further now where a very young child who declares their gender to be different to their body and their parents dismiss it as nonsense can have the authorities intervene.

Back to Mings - perhaps we need to determine what content is posted as our Captain, and what is outside of that using his platform as a sports professional. I agree with others that JG shouldn't have been made captain but can understand why that decision was taken.

TD, its like reading my own mind!!! Ive never given a monkeys what people decide to label themselves as, its their life, but I prefer to make up my own mind whether I want to be a part of it or not, and if its relevant to me or not, but, as you say, its now either "with us or agin us", which is the opposite of the inclusiveness preached by these idiots.

It seems like the morel if the story is Mings represents the club and the fans. His views dont represent our views so imho stick to football.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)