+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O’Shea Out For Four Months

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Please name that cover? Kipre is not good enough as seen already so interested to know your thoughts?

Look at Fulham’s squad and that’s decent cover which is why they will take some stopping! The worth of that squad is most likely double our own so you need to ask yourself why?
    I don't think I've seen enough of Kipre to fully judge him yet. I think he needs a run of games, which he's now likely to get. I know a Wigan fan who rated him highly when he was there.

Bartley, Ajayi and Kipre are a decent defensive 3. And Clarke is due back in about a month. O'Shea is a miss, but I think we've got decent cover in that position, to have 2 of our 3 first choice centre halves out and still have that defensive 3 is okay.

O’Shea has been outstanding so far, I really don’t think that Kipre is anywhere near as good but we’ll find out soon enough. The most annoying aspect of this, though, is that we are losing one of our best players (so far this season) for a big chunk of the season due to a poxy international match. I hate these ‘internationals’, mostly a waste of time and effort, a risk to players and usually dull. Last night, for example, England v Andorra, Kettering Town would beat Andorra. Pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    O’Shea has been outstanding so far, I really don’t think that Kipre is anywhere near as good but we’ll find out soon enough. The most annoying aspect of this, though, is that we are losing one of our best players (so far this season) for a big chunk of the season due to a poxy international match. I hate these ‘internationals’, mostly a waste of time and effort, a risk to players and usually dull. Last night, for example, England v Andorra, Kettering Town would beat Andorra. Pointless.

Totally agree Ketts - then you see the BBC headlines - England thrash Andorra FFS. What a waste of time!

Kipre was a waste of space against Bournemouth and not impressed!

Kipre…
    In the Bournemouth game he was very mixed.
    Really bad defending for the first goal but prior to that he was quite good in possession and often instigated our attacks.
    He also did well in the air as well.
    That mistake for the goal made me very nervous of him afterwards.
    Val did select him above Ajayi against a very strong attacking side so he must see something in him.
    We don’t have a choice at the moment
    Lets see if he sinks or swimms

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree Ketts - then you see the BBC headlines - England thrash Andorra FFS. What a waste of time!

Kipre was a waste of space against Bournemouth and not impressed!
    Andorra, San Marino and all those tiny “s h I t kicker” nations should be playing in their own qualification group and the top two then get to progress to join the main groups.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Any decent free agents out there?
    We were reported to be after Kean Bryan of Sheff U. Despite being offered an extension of his contract he chose not to stay with SU and surely must be someone we are looking at, but we need to act quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    We were reported to be after Kean Bryan of Sheff U. Despite being offered an extension of his contract he chose not to stay with SU and surely must be someone we are looking at, but we need to act quickly.
    I don't know him as a player at all, but I find it strange how he's not got a club and we're in September. What's he been doing over pre season, is he even fit to play for 90 minutes at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I don't know him as a player at all, but I find it strange how he's not got a club and we're in September. What's he been doing over pre season, is he even fit to play for 90 minutes at the moment?

Good point! As HRK found a club as whilst not a fan he could still do a job for someone and a damn sight better than Zohore!

I don’t know how good Kipre is and neither do you we haven’t seen enough of him, ok I agree in the Bournemouth match he wasn’t to good but he was a last minute replacement as Clark was injured in the warm up. I would rather listen to the Wigan fans who said he was outstanding for them in the Championship. As for Fulham I wonder how they will cope if they get an injury to Mitrovic. Agreed they have better depth in there squad but trying to keep them all happy will be fun, I also know there manager Silva doesn’t seem to last long at clubs. But it’s a long season and I certainly won’t right us of because of 2 centre halves being out any how the young kid Taylor is highly thought of and might prove a few of us wrong.

I hope we are all proved wrong and our third choice centre half and/or the youngsters coming through shine every week. Just think we have taken a chance by not recruiting enough quality cover. Think Kipre could be a threat in the box with Furlong’s long throw-ins. In theory a back three of Bartley, Ajayi and Kipre should be good enough for this division .... but time will tell. Think we will miss O’Shea’s battling commitment and full bloodied challenges - has been one of our best players this season .....

Let’s see what happens against Millwall on Saturday .....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)