+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In which universe..?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Are there any simple souls out there who still believe election pledges ? Surely not ?

An election pledge has about as much worth as a pledge from Americans to invest in a football team they've just bought. No one with any sense would believe either.
    After twelve years of this lot, I believe absolutely not one single word that comes out of their gobs.
    Brexit lies.
    Education Minister - WTF?
    Health Minister - WTF?
    Foreign Secretary - WTF?
    Home Secretary - you are kidding me right?
    Covid - don't get me going on this one.
    What is really worrying and I mean really worrying, is that they will win the next General Election at a canter.

...should Gareth Southgate be managing the England men's team?

Poor Gareth, he can't get nothing right, if you don't use your subs that's fine, but if the tired legs then concede a last minute goal, you're going to end up with egg on your face. How long before the media wake up to the fact that he doesn't really know what he's doing ?

Poor Gareth, he can't get nothing right, if you don't use your subs that's fine, but if the tired legs then concede a last minute goal, you're going to end up with egg on your face. How long before the media wake up to the fact that he doesn't really know what he's doing ?
    Soon I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Soon I hope.
    I won't be holding my breath waiting BT, the media are in thrall to him, as they are to Sterling and Harry Kane. Harry was complete and utter ****e last night, he's missed 4/5 sitters in the last two games, but when Wrighty was asked to explain his piss poor first half header in the analysis, he started out by saying he was heading it back across the box, then they showed the freeze-frame, and Wrighty had to quickly backtrack, the picture clearly showed there was no other England player in the box, no player he could have been heading it back to, but Wrighty just could not bring himself to tell the truth and admit that Harry had completely fecked up a simple header.

It's not just the TV muppets either, the Mail ratings this morning gave Kane comfortably the highest rating, yet he was the worst player in the team, only Walker ran him close, but really it was no contest, Harry was garbage. If the Mail thinks Harry was England's best player, then they really were watching a game being played in another universe.

What is really worrying and I mean really worrying, is that they will win the next General Election at a canter.
    only if they have the peoples mandate - without it, the nepotists and their sick system of cronyism..means Nothing !

If the Mail thinks Harry was England's best player, then they really were watching a game being played in another universe.
    Twisted Spin, lost to inequity. It demands turning...with a Revolution !

...is Sam Johnstone a better goalkeeper than Nick Pope?

Yesterday England were embarrassing and I genuinely think Southgate is a grade "A" prick.
    And yes he has dropped Pope from his England squad because even though he is playing he is not over his injury but he selects Reece James who is only training in the swimming baths! You could not make it up unless Gareth’s aim is to get England to win their pool.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    And yes he has dropped Pope from his England squad because even though he is playing he is not over his injury but he selects Reece James who is only training in the swimming baths! You could not make it up unless Gareth’s aim is to get England to win their pool.
    The goofy clueless one claims Nick Pope was left out because of a "loss of form" and then claimed, "Jadon Sancho does not deserve to be in the England squad on form, but has been included for the next international break because they retain belief in the Manchester United forward."

Come on man, get your head sorted and stop talking $hit!

In what universe indeed do you hook Grealish and bring on Henderson unless you have already decided to settle for a draw with Hungary who deserved nothing less than a share of the spoils. This will be a match remembered not for the football but for the knee and the crowd scenes as the police waded in batons drawn to the section housing Hungarian fans. Footballers are ill-equipped to be the moral compass of the nation and they are likely to find themselves increasingly in the spotlight as this season unfolds and they head towards Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Footballers are ill-equipped to be the moral compass of the nation and they are likely to find themselves increasingly in the spotlight as this season unfolds and they head towards Qatar.
    Quite few of them don't want to be jabbed and are refusing to be bullied into it by back-covering politicians and their compliant media. Good for them, our footballers, or some of them anyway, have gone up in my estimation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)