Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
A dreary, boring performance overall. Bamford had nothing to feed off. We were so slow in the build up it made it easy for Andorra to pack the defence. Very few crosses went into the box and really no- one in midfield to make an incisive pass to unlock them. Bellingham has skill and imagination but Henderson was the preferred choice coming out of the defence. He works hard, but has neither skill nor imagination. He plays 90% of passes either square of backwards, not seeing the runs that were being made by Lingard and Bamford. As for Tripps at left back, what a waste!

Poland will be the real test. If we play the same way, twenty passes to get past the halfway line, it will be dire. I am not sure about three lions. More like three sloths.

I really do not understand why Pope did not get a game. He is better than Pickford, except for the obsession to play out from the back. A high press nullifies that. Pope can play from the back and his kicking is accurate most times. Playing long to Bamford would have prevented Andorra getting 11 behind the ball.
Brilliantly accurate appraisal Swissclaret, one of my best mates is a mad Evertonian and says he would happily send £10 million and Pickford in a taxi if the Toffees could have Pope.

Attachment 19884