+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GP’S - Does Anyone Know?

Been in for a 30 minute procedure on my hip today, cortisone injection under sedation.

Got a phone call yesterday telling me they were having to cancel or reschedule appointments but due to backlogs if I could get in for 0730 today then it would still go ahead as it was urgently needed. If not it would have to be arranged.

Doctors and anaesthetist started early to try and fit in more ops and procedures. Maybe a one off but getting to see a doctor for me was a lot more difficult than seeing a surgeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    I've been given a slot for a blood test, but wouldn't be in the least surprised that when attending, to be told a letter has been sent out to me to cancel it-there will be no apology. Seems that some administration these days is in the hands of clock watching flexible working part timers, as the above has been experienced three times in the last 12 months by relatives at outpatient departments..
    If you can afford it, I would recommend you go private.

11 years of Tory cuts to the health service, a pandemic and Brexit is a perfect storm.

There is no doubt Brexit is making it harder to import some medical devices. So I'm not sure what 'admin clock watchers' can do if they don't have the resources.

Day before yesterday I suspected I might have avDVT. Did the online procedure which told me to go to A&E or speak to my GP. I did the latter and was told to go to A&E. When they saw what the potential problem I was hurried through rather than waiting 3 hours. Had a scan and blood tests which revealed no DVT. Then had a thorough examination which revealed an enlarged thyroid that might be causing the swelling. I am to have a lot more tests and scans. Went back the next day and a DVT was foundin the other leg. Things are moving very quickly starting with self injections. So within 24 hours of getting off my ar5e and doing something about it all the above happened. Excellent care but I suppose but I have just been very lucky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)