+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris & His Government

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boris & His Government

What’s improved under Boris can someone remind me!!!

The NHS is the worst it’s ever been - it’s getting worse with illegal immigrants entering the country - prices are going up including the cost of living - taxes are going up and this country is almost the worst in the world for COVID deaths!

Cancer rates and mental health cases are going through the roof! I need another operation and told - it will be 18 months if you are lucky!!! No wonder people are topping themselves and I count myself more fortunate than a lot!

PS - at least the Afghans who came are happy plus around 800 who come in dinghies each day. Boris may have a plan to deal with this in 2030!! 123 was certainly right on a lot of things!

Even exports are still a problem as Germany playing games at customs but hey - they call all the shots!!!

The fat scruffy one needs to get a grip!!!

I wonder how far the 1% pay rise has gone for all those NHS staff which the fat scruffy one reluctantly gave with - food prices increasing - cost of living increasing - bills increasing - taxes now increasing!!!

No wonder some of the Poles are going back to Poland and soon it will be too pricey for the Romanian fruit pickers to come here!

Ok Al, I think that you’re suggesting that the country is in a mess…….! You would be right, too!

It seems to be impossible to see a GP, dentists even more so, more and more empty shelves in the supermarkets, the list goes on. However, unless I have missed something, I haven’t heard anyone come up with any suggestions that will solve any of this. Covid has dealt the country a massive financial blow and money needs to be spent on a multitude of things, where is it to come from? Well, we all know the answer but nobody wants to pay any more in taxes. There is one thing that has become relatively cheaper over recent years, motoring; raising fuel duty or introducing road pricing will be massively unpopular but it will inevitably come to pass. I’m no fan of Boris, I think he’s a buffoon, but as I said, nobody else has come up with a solution. Keir Starmer has contributed nothing regarding the financial mess we are in.

We can’t do anything about the real culprits, the Chinese, they are the only beneficiaries of Covid………

No government, even Blair’s three terms with massive majorities did a jot about social care.

I think today is a step in the right direction as long as the money goes where it’s supposed to go.

Young people are hoping to get old one day,it’s only fair that we all pay something into this pot.

My guess is though, the NHS will swallow up this extra cash.

If it was upto me i’d call for a general election and ensure strictness in ensuring no fake news is spread, nothing but truth.

I think a party willing to challenge the gov and return to the EU as part of their policies could actually win.

That said, why hasn’t any opposition party come out and threaten boris by saying if you don’t fix this brexit mess by the next general election, we’re going back in.

What a sh it show of a government, I want to like them but they always let me down. Poor poor mindless fools running the country and we deserve better. Then again, i’m not sure if we do.

Only thing keeping me sane these days is the promising start to our season.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    If it was upto me i’d call for a general election and ensure strictness in ensuring no fake news is spread, nothing but truth.

I think a party willing to challenge the gov and return to the EU as part of their policies could actually win.

That said, why hasn’t any opposition party come out and threaten boris by saying if you don’t fix this brexit mess by the next general election, we’re going back in.

What a sh it show of a government, I want to like them but they always let me down. Poor poor mindless fools running the country and we deserve better. Then again, i’m not sure if we do.

Only thing keeping me sane these days is the promising start to our season.
    I agree Regis but who makes the decision as to what fake news is?

Our friend 123 would eradicate the Daily Mail for example but those are the actions of a true zealot.

What would you allow us to read and watch?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Our friend 123 would eradicate the Daily Mail for example but those are the actions of a true zealot.

In theory it sounds good but in reality it’ll be impossible to police.. but one thing for sure is social media has acted as a vehicle in increasing news to spread. Also, whatever channel, whether a social channel or tv channel there’s always an element of bias somewhere.

A news outlet only wants to make money, but nobody ever gets it. It’s not just Daily Mail, there’s those like Momentum who are there doing their thing.
    I think voters could be blamed for it too. You should only be able to vote if you have a certain level of education but I know this is wrong on so many levels.
    We should at least be allowed to vote if you pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Wrong. I would not eradicate the press I dislike. I would set up an impartial press regulator who would have the power to sanction any news outlet if their stories are false or unfairly reported. I'd like to see big bold font apologies on the front page if the story is incorrect or misleading.

I would also like to see a disclaimer on print media, such as Daily Mail, Mirror, Sun etc. to say their newspaper in the last calendar year wrote stories that were pro one particular party. It would be something like 'The Daily Mail wrote 92% positive stories about the Conservatives last year' or something similar.

And I would like all meetings between politicians and editors/owners of these media outlets to be minuted and made public by law. So that some politicians don't stand to gain from these misleading and false news stories.

Whether you like it or not, The Sun and The Daily Mail in particular have shaped our country for the last 40 years. They are the reason we have had majority conservative rule and why we voted for Brexit. They are cowboys and they need to be independently regulated, whilst still ensuring we have a free press.
    Last edited by WBA123; 08-09-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Wrong. I would not eradicate the press I dislike. I would set up an impartial press regulator who would have the power to sanction any news outlet if their stories are false or unfairly reported. I'd like to see big bold font apologies on the front page if the story is incorrect or misleading.

I would also like to see a disclaimer on print media, such as Daily Mail, Mirror, Sun etc. to say their newspaper in the last calendar year wrote stories that were pro one particular party. It would be something like 'The Daily Mail wrote 92% positive stories about the Conservatives last year' or something similar.

And I would like all meetings between politicians and editors/owners of these media outlets to be minuted and made public by law. So that some politicians don't stand to gain from these misleading and false news stories.

Whether you like it or not, The Sun and The Daily Mail in particular have shaped our country for the last 40 years. They are the reason we have had majority conservative rule and why we voted for Brexit. They are cowboys and they need to be independently regulated, whilst still ensuring we have a free press.

God - who reads the Sun? Probably many of those who visit tacky seaside resorts and footballers! As for Brexit - lets face it immigration promises and Farage pushed people over the line towards Brexit. Do those who had the romantic idea of immigrants being controlled realize that more illegal immigrants are crossing the channel now than prior to Brexit. What is Boris doing about this? Nothing!!!!

Exports are now much more expensive to the EU so our friends within the EU are now looking at purchasing the same goods from other countries other than the UK so trade has slumped for many companies, that's if they are still solvent!

Not many give a s hit for future generations and a lack of thought is going into processes or infrastructure. How many new builds are being thrown up without any thought for vehicle electric charging stations? I don't listen to young Greta but sadly much of what she says is correct!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    God - who reads the Sun? Probably many of those who visit tacky seaside resorts and footballers! As for Brexit - lets face it immigration promises and Farage pushed people over the line towards Brexit. Do those who had the romantic idea of immigrants being controlled realize that more illegal immigrants are crossing the channel now than prior to Brexit. What is Boris doing about this? Nothing!!!!

Exports are now much more expensive to the EU so our friends within the EU are now looking at purchasing the same goods from other countries other than the UK so trade has slumped for many companies, that's if they are still solvent!

Not many give a s hit for future generations and a lack of thought is going into processes or infrastructure. How many new builds are being thrown up without any thought for vehicle electric charging stations? I don't listen to young Greta but sadly much of what she says is correct!
    Immigration definitely swayed the Brexit vote. Farage pounced on it, because he could see the Leave vote could win votes that way.

But, what I think we are learning right now and in the near future, is that we need immigrants. We need them for our NHS, which is heavily reliant on them, for our fruit pickers, hospitality, HGV drivers etc.

What Brexit will really do, is create a shortage of Europeans who come here to work these jobs. Europeans typically pay tax and benefit our society. Immigration from Non-EU countries will likely increase. Non-EU immigrants typically cost us more than EU immigrants, they will need to be pushed into plugging the gap left by the Europeans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)