+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V Chelsea

Surely Tuchel's objective is to win the league having won the CL last year?

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Another Chelsea player out, not sure which one but has to be a Brazillian. Luiz was not picked because of the Olympic involvent.....I think?
    Cannot see Bailey and Traore in the same starting eleven and Ings has to be CF with Watkins out wide. Drop Targett, why?
    Nothing against Targett but we cant play everyone. Surly Bailey can play left and Traore right.
    Deano said he has no plans to play Watkins wide that would mean Ings goes into a no 10 role. We do miss Watkins pressing high up the field.

I think he will play Watkins wide and ings up front but who knows with Deano, I would prefer to be more adventurous v Everton at VP next week with both Bailey and Traore, just cannot see him going for it at The Bridge. A point would be a great result.

We go with a back three, who saw that coming?

who do we have to pay to get a decent referee?

1.60 million pound in strikers need to finish better
    2. Do not experiment away to a top 4 side
    3. Pressure very much on Deano now
    4. Everton now becomes a must win game.

I thought the experiment worked well, Watkins on fire in his first full game back, Ramsey growing in stature with every game, McGinn superb, in Deano we trust👍
    Last edited by birminghamborn; 11-09-2021 at 07:17 PM.

don't feel Dean is under-pressure, we bullied them the first half, could have had a hatful aka liverpool last year, just sometimes it runs against you. still a scratch team at the moment. we will only get better

J J Ramsey & S J McGinn were superb, the referee was a home “Banker” flashing yellow cards with gay abandon at Villa players then ignoring similar offences from Cheski

Mings had his expected “Look Squirrel” moment with a suicidal back pass underselling Jed Steer 2-0 effectively that was it game over !

Despite the result I thought it was our best display this term by some distance ! cannot lay blame on Deano here with sharper finishing & smarter defending we could have comfortably pocketed all 3 points here !

Well I don't want too many good games and lose 3-0.
    Maybe I'm being too harsh but why is it, we always seem to roll over to the big guns, one of these days we will beat a Man City, Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea At their ground and you know, make a statement...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)