+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V Chelsea

Never been so frustrated. We opened them up so often in the first half and still held our own in the second but undone by a long ball and a sloppy back pass. Super proud of our lads with the score not a true reflection of the game. Mendy was immense for them. Onwards we go!

Well played Villa. Another day, another Referee, and we would have won. 3 defensive errors, ump**** missed chances, and it looks like a hammering. Twas nowhere near that.

That £96m finished article of a striker of theirs, trumped our two £30m strikers. That’s football, 96m smashes through the barn door for fun, whilst the two £30m might clip the frame every now and then.

It’s not a criticism of Watkins or Ings, or the recruitment department. The financial restrictions forced upon us mere mortals, by the established rich guys, after they had put their own house in order first, makes breaking through the seal that much tougher to do.

We played really well, I’m not quite with some of you regarding Ramsey (I prefer Chukwuemeka).

I don’t feel that this result will add more pressure on DS, only the newbie entitled 'social media fans’ (the children of the revolution, hey? We’re all f u cked )will be clambering for instant demands of success or execution.

Best performance for many a moon, in my book, maybe since Arse away.

Last season we took 4 pts from Chelsea, 3pts Spurs and Liverpool, 6pts from Arsenal, were cheated out of a game at citeh, but still the view persists that we capitulate against the big teams... It was the games without Grealish last season that blew our season last year, now we have offensive options all over the park and no reliance on a single player... I think we are in a much better position. For the first time in decades we are sharp in dead ball situations. To be fair, its still a scratch team, we have yet to have a settled camp. We are still an exciting team to watch and I for one am excited for the future.

No disgrace in the performance last night. A couple of silly mistakes and we got punished. I can't see why Deano should be under pressure as we're looking better as each game comes along. Not had a full squad available yet for one reason or another so I for one am not concerned.

It's so refreshing to see flair players like Bailey and Traore we have to bring off the bench. I'll be looking out for Bailey's megs on Alonso on Soccer AM next Saturday

Villa made a real fist of it which for long stretches of the game resulted in Chelsea’s preposterously-expensive side needing to be at full stretch to cope.

Ex Villain... its wonderful to compare our youth players, every time JJ got the ball he was energetic driving at Chelseas defence giving them cause for real concern. I too believe Chukwuemeka is an extraordinary talent had he been available it might at this stage of his development have proved a “bridge” too far for our gifted 17 year against a team full of internationals

Only got to see the brief highlights on YT but what a team we have got here, caused them real problems - we now are a real threat from set pieces and a wee bit more composure/craft from Ollie in a crowded box will bring us plenty of goals (he had Ings as an option for a short pass to get a tap-in and the chance that was blocked had an option of passing it through the gap on the right as their defenders were running the other way).

Defensively we don't look as tight as last season, if that can be analysed and put right quickly given we have the same players then we should kick on.

Its a results game, always has been, at the minute we are recouping 33% last season after 4 games we had 100% so some catching up to do. Saturday im expecting a big game, big result, all players back and a strong bench. There is pressure, on all Managers, pressure does not mean I want him sacked but lose against Everton with Manure and CR7 waiting, we could be in some sticky stuff, a win v the Toffees and things will look much much better!
    Remember we tailed off last season but our start kept us up there, this season is going to be different.....I am not panicking at all but im expecting more, I am sure the owners are no different!

Im not panicking but i bet Deano is a bit. I hope Deano doesnt get the boot either. I think we will
    do a bit better than last season overall despite a slow start. I think deano doesnt know his best 11 yet. We have strength in depth now but controversially i would drop ings and keep and extra midfielder.

I was really impressed by the way we played and that is definitely SJMs best position. As well as Ollie played, if he could finish like Lukaku we wouldn’t have lost. Minus points - Mings back pass (which he does three or four times a season) and a non existent Ings. Deano will have to sort that combo out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)