+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Schmidt

Patrick Schmidt

Cant remember how to spell it and cant be bothered to luck it up,did well wen we stayed up,playing football,surprised manager didnt get the chance to have a look at him,didnt we spend a few bob on him,surprised he never went on loan over ere to toughen him up,hope we give him chance to develop and dont give up to easy as we did wi lad who went to hull.i think hes a good finisher but style of play under val needed the big lads,sayin that,martin bullock would ac got in as a front 3 under val.some little uns can take some boot.

Had his moments under Struber but he was never going to be Val's kind of player .

Next season and he's in to the final year of his contract so he needs to come back here and show he's worth a new deal .

Jury definitely out on this lad .

He was poor imo

There you go Rasca, Ive put his correct name in the thread title.
    I don't think hes had a fair chance and it was obvious that Val's style wasn't going to suit him and a number of our players. But Im not sure if hes really up to the standards we're looking for, in this league.

In truth I don't know why we signed him. Strange one for me based on what I've seen of him. He's an old school goal poacher who doesn't quite fit the profile of strikers that we normally sign.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    In truth I don't know why we signed him. Strange one for me based on what I've seen of him. He's an old school goal poacher who doesn't quite fit the profile of strikers that we normally sign.
    So what is the striker profile we normally sign? Currie….? Dike
    I’m not a statistical genius, but I’d hazard a guess that our top scorers from the last twenty five years would be more from midfield than striking positions..
    Hignett, Glavin,Redfearn, Mowatt.Hourihane
    25 years….. strikers v midfielders?
    My brass is wagered that the averages would favour good midfielders than “Strikers. (Overrated are Strikers”)…

Dike earned his rep as a “Striker” with his goal per game rate……. But can you name the last one we signed who was as potent?

Nah… me neither…..
    Last edited by Jules88; 08-09-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    .. Dike earned his rep as a “Striker” with his goal per game rate……. But can you name the last one we signed who was as potent?
    Nah… me neither…..
    Err Andy Payton maybe lol, no only joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    There you go Rasca, Ive put his correct name in the thread title.
    I don't think hes had a fair chance and it was obvious that Val's style wasn't going to suit him and a number of our players. But Im not sure if hes really up to the standards we're looking for, in this league.
    Cheers for name change bud, granted, i dont think his abiliy is in pressing,but i think he hits ball early and with kind of football were playing with quick passing round area he may just have something,if big vic keeps getting his chances then surely hes got to have a fair crack of the whip.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Am not sure any team plays with his old school striker as you put it and i no exactly wat you mean,but goals win games and he does seem to get chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    So what is the striker profile we normally sign? Currie….? Dike
    I’m not a statistical genius, but I’d hazard a guess that our top scorers from the last twenty five years would be more from midfield than striking positions..
    Hignett, Glavin,Redfearn, Mowatt.Hourihane
    25 years….. strikers v midfielders?
    My brass is wagered that the averages would favour good midfielders than “Strikers. (Overrated are Strikers”)…

Dike earned his rep as a “Striker” with his goal per game rate……. But can you name the last one we signed who was as potent?

Nah… me neither…..
    Schmidt,he cant be far off goals per game,go even further and say goals per mins cos he aint had many full games if any.am pretty sure that big vic aint gonna cut it,luv him to,am just saying lets give him a run playing football again before just getting rid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast