+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patrick Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    So what is the striker profile we normally sign? Currie….? Dike
    I’m not a statistical genius, but I’d hazard a guess that our top scorers from the last twenty five years would be more from midfield than striking positions..
    Hignett, Glavin,Redfearn, Mowatt.Hourihane
    25 years….. strikers v midfielders?
    My brass is wagered that the averages would favour good midfielders than “Strikers. (Overrated are Strikers”)…

Dike earned his rep as a “Striker” with his goal per game rate……. But can you name the last one we signed who was as potent?

Nah… me neither…..
    Brian Joicey is the one that springs to my mind. Think he may have got close to 30 one season but memory may have faded on that one. I agree, we never seem to get prolific strikers; the midfielders have tended to be more prolific.

Another million pound Recruitment Team error quietly ushered away.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Brian Joicey is the one that springs to my mind. Think he may have got close to 30 one season but memory may have faded on that one. I agree, we never seem to get prolific strikers; the midfielders have tended to be more prolific.
    I started going to watch tarn wi mi mate wen collins wat manager,mi dad had took me before but i remember little.i think in that season we had david geddis,never saw him play but he'd scored a few,and i dont know if he'd played season before.i think it was around 85.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    In truth I don't know why we signed him. Strange one for me based on what I've seen of him. He's an old school goal poacher who doesn't quite fit the profile of strikers that we normally sign.
    Yes that’s also my opinion.
    Old type fox in the box strikers.
    But not suitable for our current tactics where strength and / or speed is essential.
    That’s why Chaplin struggled and although I’m in the minority here - this also applies to Woodrow.
    Not that they are bad players - it’s just that they have little to offer in the current system.

Talking to a Sheffield United fan the other day and he asked me if I’d have McBurnie back - and I said, McBurnie was great at Barnsley and I rate him highly as a striker - but I wouldn’t want him back because he wouldn’t fit in to our style of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Another million pound Recruitment Team error quietly ushered away.
    Thu maise well o chucked a million quid on coil fire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12