+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County in Talks Over " Agreed " EFL Sanctions.

In their statement they have blamed Covid because it only happened in derby and is responsible for them losing £120 million over 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I just got a text saying they’ve applied for administration this afternoon. No money for this months wages and minus 12 on Monday or Tuesday
    I said in my very first posting about Derby County, that the club ought to go into administration, & take the points hit.
    There are a number of people wanting to buy Derby County, but not putting money forward until the clubs issues
    on & off the pitch are sorted.

Derby County directors have made a statement, regarding administration.

Cheating *******s and rotten to the core, they’ve nowhere else to run so have finally accepted what should have happened last season. What must Wycombe think now?

So why have they signed lots of non contract players.
    Most of them were household names who won't be playing for nothing.
    Irresponsible expenditure.
    No sympathy at all.
    Feel sorry for Wycombe who have been dealt a really bad deal here.

......easy way out for them now...........Hope the EFL 12pts off can somehow be added next season now they've applied for administration and get -12pts immediately.....

Trying to play the system to the last moment..................cheating f*ckers, rotten to the core. Going to clear the debts and get sold to new owners and hit next season smelling of roses..........................

"The profligate expenditure since Mel Morris took over, wages effectively trebled from £16m in 2014 to £47m by 2018."

Take heed anyone who thinks that 'speculate to accumulate" is always a good business strategy.

Assuming they get a -9 for financial ****housery AND get relegated, the penalty for going into administration gets applied next season.

If, despite the -9, they stay up, then the penalty for admin gets applied THIS season. I think. So they potentially face a total of -21 this season.

Two year transfer embargo too.

I'm drunk so could be wrong; either way, it sounds like a world of pain.

Steve Bloomer is watching...

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    "The profligate expenditure since Mel Morris took over, wages effectively trebled from £16m in 2014 to £47m by 2018."

Take heed anyone who thinks that 'speculate to accumulate" is always a good business strategy.
    It up to the EFL to put rules in place that accounts must be filed by the dates stated. Clubs like Weds and Derby should never get away with it for so long.

The EFL are going to go in hard, hopefully with no lube.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast