+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Derby County in Talks Over " Agreed " EFL Sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I'm on my phone so not even going to try to rectify the spelling error
    Nice one cayton, I thought you were trying to impress us with your Italian 😉

Can’t blame them, even though they were bottom they got cheated on.

If we’d won our game/s would we have received some sort of deduction so that Derby would stay up? Makes you wonder and wouldn’t be surprised tbh

Nothing fans can do really but other clubs can and should

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    No Grumps we didn't have the points deduction as well.
    You know that anxious time when your wanting to hear about some possible new buyers, but there either aren't any or they have fallen through, and you know your team are rapidly running out of time. Wow!!.
    When I think back to how bad it was, it brings me out in a cold sweat. Just imagine, the year is 2008:

Rotherham United are starting the season in League 2 (always be Div 4 to me but heyho). One drop and it's goodbye Football League. They are to play their home games at an athletics stadium in a different city. A city which to most Millers is the antipathy of our football existence. A League ruling states that if the club doesn't return to Rotherham within 4 years, then it's goodbye Football League. So far, so bad. But the best but comes last: we must start the season on MINUS 17 POINTS!

Every single time I walk into the New York Stadium I thank my lucky stars and realise just how good we now have it. 👍😃

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    When I think back to how bad it was, it brings me out in a cold sweat. Just imagine, the year is 2008:

Rotherham United are starting the season in League 2 (always be Div 4 to me but heyho). One drop and it's goodbye Football League. They are to play their home games at an athletics stadium in a different city. A city which to most Millers is the antipathy of our football existence. A League ruling states that if the club doesn't return to Rotherham within 4 years, then it's goodbye Football League. So far, so bad. But the best but comes last: we must start the season on MINUS 17 POINTS!

Every single time I walk into the New York Stadium I thank my lucky stars and realise just how good we now have it. 👍😃
    Amen to that brother 👍👍👍

Very true Grumps something the moaners should never forget. Dour bugger though he was Robins , he worked wonders for us that season. Indeed, we were even in with a shout of the play offs near the end of that season.

Having a club yo yoing between league 1 and the champ sounds pretty good now dunnit? Keeping Warney on is vi tal to us if we dont want to slip back to those dark days.

As regards Derby, a 9 point penalty wont send em down cos it waint be enough. Piss poor again from the football authorities. They were poxy last season in any case staying up that is for sure
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-09-2021 at 02:43 PM.

REading also expecting a 9 point deduction

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post

I cant remember when they brought in the points deduction for going into Admin, but as I said we didn't have it back in 2002.
    It does indeed make us grateful for what our clubs have now compared to then, even though it doesn't stop us moaning in the present day and expecting better.

Its disgraceful that they are talking about reducing Derby's punishment to 9 points and a possible suspended further deduction, which means nothing of course. Wycombe may as well not bother chasing it up, because the EFL will just laugh at them again and stick two fingers up at the rest of us.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I cant remember when they brought in the points deduction for going into Admin, but as I said we didn't have it back in 2002.
    It does indeed make us grateful for what our clubs have now compared to then, even though it doesn't stop us moaning in the present day and expecting better.

Its disgraceful that they are talking about reducing Derby's punishment to 9 points and a possible suspended further deduction, which means nothing of course. Wycombe may as well not bother chasing it up, because the EFL will just laugh at them again and stick two fingers up at the rest of us.
    I stand to be corrected but I think the negotiated 9 points (plus 3 suspended) will be IN ADDITION to the mandatory 12 points for entering Administration once the papers are filed. Derby are looking at a 21 point deduction. That will relegate them without a shadow of a doubt.

Reading are now in negotiations with the EFL (under article 85) and also look like taking a 9 point hit for failing FFP. Article 85 is actually a good idea as it takes away any appeal (from either party) and gets the matter resolved in a more realistic timeframe (some clubs have deliberately played the system in order to take the hit the following season).

I do feel genuinely sorry for Wycombe. Who knows for sure, but I'd be amazed if any appeal they lodge is successful. They may get a financial compensatory sop without the admission of any liability. It reminds me of when the RFU didnt want the Rotherham Titans promoted to the Premiership (despite finishing as champions of the National league) as that would have meant relegating Harlequins. All sorts of bullshine was brought up - stadium facilities, sponsorship rights, etc. In the end Rotherham were "bought off". That said, they did eventually go on to gain promotion to the Premiership on two separate occasions anyhow. Becoming the first Yorkshire side ever to play at that level - a nice accolade for the town :-)

dear dear me. clutching at straws big time.
    Reading fan. get this.
    "I've heard that as we represent the royal county, deductions cannot be applied".

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast