+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removal Of Bonus Benefits.

Removal Of Bonus Benefits.

The government introduced an extra £20 a week payment in benefits during the past 18 months, it was always going to come to an end.

The TV and media are now full of stuff about this being ended......why?

If I’m told I’m going to get something for a period and that the time is finite then I work to that end.

Last night an extremely overweight woman was bleating on about this on a news programme.

She looked to be early to mid 30’s and was described as “single mother with 5 young children”.

I know some will call me heartless but I just don’t get why people like this are pushed forward in news programmes unless it’s to actually make the system look ridiculous.

Unless you have a quite serious income you just shouldn’t be having five kids.

Is it just me that shakes their head at this nonsense?

No it isn’t.

No Mick, It wouldn’t go amiss to have people interviewed who actually said positive things. Some Governments shoot you in the head for disagreeing or being upset about something. We don’t live in one of those countries. She wouldn’t have had air space in one of those countries because she would either be dead now or kept her ideas to herself. These interviews sow discontent. Never liked them.

My own waste of space brother has 4 kids by 3 different women and his eldest daughter who is 28-29 has just had her sixth child, these are all aged 10 and under.

2019 she messaged me telling me she was getting married and could she have her wedding present early as they couldn’t afford the wedding without it.

We sent her £1500 even though she hasn’t visited us in years, we haven’t met 5 of her kids.

She ended up not getting married so god knows what the money went on!

Two months ago she messaged me again asking if I could “loan” her £5k because her partner needed to get a new works van.

My wife is a very open and generous person but she was adamant that I wasn’t to do it so I didn’t but I felt bad.

Two days later there were pictures my niece posted all over her FB page with her and her partner enjoying their brand new ( huge ) hot tub in their garden surrounded by a million fairy lights! 😤😤

My wife gave me the “I told you so” look and she was of course right.

This girl is late 20’s and has never worked having started giving birth at 18.

She played her face to the council until they provided her with enough bedrooms and she now has a huge house we’re all paying for.

It’s just plain wrong.

If £20 a week means so much to you cut down on the crisps and buns and pop, stop smoking and drinking, give up your SKY and Netflix subscription and have a Nokia 3310 rather than a smartphone!

There are a few in genuine need, I have great sympathy for these people but we have millions of people taking the p I s s.

Twice as many children as I myself had with no income from work.......it was tough bringing up three in just one main wage but we sacrificed our own needs to be able to afford ours.

Makes my p I s s boil watching this stuff on the news.

On the other hand William Pitt the younger introduced income tax as a personal measure to fund the Napoleonic Wars.
    It seems some temporary measures last a bit longer than others, especially if they involve taking from the peasants.
    You will never hear me sticking up for billionaire politicians and propag, I mean newspaper barons.

I'm in favour of the benefit system but the problem is that the real needy don't get it. They are often too proud or don't know what they are entitled to. However, the scrounges know every 'trick in the book' and claim every thing they can get their hands on. There should be a more scrupulous investigation to those receiving benefits.

There are no doubt people who abuse the system, but there are others who genuinely need that extra £20 per week.

I think the problem I have with it is this, our Government have absolutely no qualms about giving tax breaks to their friends, or having their houses renovated or holidays paid for. Nor giving multi million Govt PPE contracts out to individuals linked with the Tories, or jobs for their freinds (see Dido Harding). MPs have historically abused their expenses. Look at Cameron who made £10m from the Greensill lobbying scandal recently which has conveniently found its way out of the news.

I find that abuse of the system much more repulsive, than I do of those at the bottom rung of society. We were talking last year about feeding the poorest children in the country, it took Marcus Rashford and a huge public outcry for the Tories to U-turn on it. So to me, give them the extra £20 per week, some of them are genuinely in need of it. I'd rather it go to them than fatcat, greedy MPs and their friends.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm just as angry over the 'scrounges' getting money they don't deserve as the 'fat cats' who get benefits that they don't deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm just as angry over the 'scrounges' getting money they don't deserve as the 'fat cats' who get benefits that they don't deserve!
    But there is a difference. The people of the top of the tree are already wealthy people. The ones at the bottom, some don't know where their next meal is coming from. I'm sure David Cameron doesn't have that problem.

So those who genuinely need this £20 per week who are being punished, will pay a far higher price.

I also think its one of the most hypercritical things to hear, when Tory MPs, some of whom are multi millionaires, won't feed hungry children. I often wonder why some of them got into politics and how they can look at themselves in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    There are no doubt people who abuse the system, but there are others who genuinely need that extra £20 per week.

I think the problem I have with it is this, our Government have absolutely no qualms about giving tax breaks to their friends, or having their houses renovated or holidays paid for. Nor giving multi million Govt PPE contracts out to individuals linked with the Tories, or jobs for their freinds (see Dido Harding). MPs have historically abused their expenses. Look at Cameron who made £10m from the Greensill lobbying scandal recently which has conveniently found its way out of the news.

I find that abuse of the system much more repulsive, than I do of those at the bottom rung of society. We were talking last year about feeding the poorest children in the country, it took Marcus Rashford and a huge public outcry for the Tories to U-turn on it. So to me, give them the extra £20 per week, some of them are genuinely in need of it. I'd rather it go to them than fatcat, greedy MPs and their friends.
    Agreed in the main but it doesn't answer my real question.

Single mothers with 4/5/6+ children FFS.

Interviewing people like this on TV makes a mockery of what benefits are designed to do.

I have a situation ( or two ) within my own family in this regard.

I have two of my three children who in many families would be on benefits due to their predicament/situation etc.

Neither claim benefits......why is that you might ask?

Me and the wife support both of them completely, no universal credit or any other benefit.

More families should help their own in my opinion but i really do dislike feckless waste and there's far too much given to people who simply want to sit on their a r s e s and who don't deserve this money, they are robbing the truly needy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)