+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Removal Of Bonus Benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Agreed in the main but it doesn't answer my real question.

Single mothers with 4/5/6+ children FFS.

Interviewing people like this on TV makes a mockery of what benefits are designed to do.

I have a situation ( or two ) within my own family in this regard.

I have two of my three children who in many families would be on benefits due to their predicament/situation etc.

Neither claim benefits......why is that you might ask?

Me and the wife support both of them completely, no universal credit or any other benefit.

More families should help their own in my opinion but i really do dislike feckless waste and there's far too much given to people who simply want to sit on their a r s e s and who don't deserve this money, they are robbing the truly needy.

More families should help their own in my opinion but i really do dislike feckless waste and there's far too much given to people who simply want to sit on their a r s e s and who don't deserve this money, they are robbing the truly needy.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree especially with the above! Record illegal immigrants are coming in and we continue to do nothing and our friends in France just encourage it! Dump them back in France or make them work for their handouts! Students have to pay back their loans so why can't illegal immigrants be made to work ( fruit picking etc ) to pay for their freebies. Those that are talented place them on training courses to be professionals ie medicine, doctors etc, but still they pay back what they have taken. The lazy t wats who don't want to work must have some money as many are fat, smoke, and have satelite dishes - reduce benefits if they refuse work.

The problem though is why work if you can get more in handouts than working!! Perhaps benefits should be reduced and the minimum wage increased. Shut every business down that pays less than the minimum wage ie all the immigrant sweat shops in places like Leicester where the law turns the other cheek!

The single mother with 6 kids scenario in my view tends to run in generations, veterans at what they can and cannot claim for - having kids is bl00dy hard work so why anyone would have loads for a few extra quid is beyond me. The system is stacked against those that work then fall on hard times, it's deliberately made complex so it costs the treasury less in unclaimed benefits.

I earn decent money as a professional and so does my wife, we don't have Sky or the latest phone/telly/trainers/gear, my car is 5 years old, my kids thankfully don't expect too much materialistic stuff either,our holidays are infrequent and modest. I'm not complaining but it really does my head in if lazy fkers are better off.

A few years back I used the gov.uk calculator to work out how much I could claim in benefits. I recall being shocked how high the figure was.

Just done it again as if I was a single parent not working with 2 kids paying £600 a month to rent a council house. I would receive just over £22,000 net pa which I guess equates to a salary around £30,000.

Tell me again why they don't want/need to work.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 09-09-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    A few years back I used the gov.uk calculator to work out how much I could claim in benefits. I recall being shocked how high the figure was.

Just done it again as if I was a single parent not working with 2 kids paying £600 a month to rent a council house. I would receive just over £22,000 net pa which I guess equates to a salary around £30,000.

Tell me again why they don't want/need to work.
    In the last three months I've taken on two warehouse staff ( blokes in their mid 30's ) who lasted two days before texting in ( not even a phone call! ) to say they won't be in again saying their mental health can't cope with the stress.

The job was sticking barcode labels onto items and putting them in a f king box to be sent into Amazon.

Jesus Christ almighty, can't cope with THAT!

My regular staff reckon it's all about playing the system, if people can prove they "got a job", even if it was only for a day or two it enables them to stay on substantial benefits for the next decent period of time.

123, you can bang on all you like about idiots like Cameron and I do agree with you, their greed is disgusting, they have no moral compass but the truth is, the huge numbers of people milking the system are the one's robbing the truly needy of more than £20 a week.

When I was in Tenby last week cafes and restaurants were so short of staff that they were having to close on certain days and evenings because they couldn't find the staff FFS.

Multiple jobs on offer at some establishments being advertised on their windows, it's been the same all summer.

I wonder how many Tenby locals are draining the welfare system whilst quite capable of filling these vacancies, we all know it must be a substantial number of people within Pembrokeshire?

More benefits should be based on a food voucher system and less in raw cash terms, millions of people are taking the p I s s.

I would hate to see benefits being cut, there but for the grace of god are all of us, one slip, stroke, breakdown, illness and we might all need to fall on the system we pay in too. However the system needs to be tougher on scrounges and easier for those in genuine need. Tough ask but surely doable a simple face to face interview would quickly achieve this?

The trouble with this board and of Britain as a whole that most people sit in front of a TV set for eight hours a day, or read paper's and take what they see and hear as gospel.
    TV and the national paper's are owned by billionaire people who have offshore bank accounts.
    These people hilight the benefit "scroungers" with programmes like Benefit street to turn the spotlight off the real robbers of the country.
    Divide the masses and conquer has always been the way, turn people against each other, get them to shop their neighbours.
    Unfortunately it's been a winning formula.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The trouble with this board and of Britain as a whole that most people sit in front of a TV set for eight hours a day, or read paper's and take what they see and hear as gospel.
    TV and the national paper's are owned by billionaire people who have offshore bank accounts.
    These people hilight the benefit "scroungers" with programmes like Benefit street to turn the spotlight off the real robbers of the country.
    Divide the masses and conquer has always been the way, turn people against each other, get them to shop their neighbours.
    With the greatest respect Des....

Utter drivel!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Absolutely, 100% Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Agreed in the main but it doesn't answer my real question.

Single mothers with 4/5/6+ children FFS.

Interviewing people like this on TV makes a mockery of what benefits are designed to do.

I have a situation ( or two ) within my own family in this regard.

I have two of my three children who in many families would be on benefits due to their predicament/situation etc.

Neither claim benefits......why is that you might ask?

Me and the wife support both of them completely, no universal credit or any other benefit.

More families should help their own in my opinion but i really do dislike feckless waste and there's far too much given to people who simply want to sit on their a r s e s and who don't deserve this money, they are robbing the truly needy.
    I don't look at anyone on Universal Credit and think 'I'd swap my life for yours' even if they are abusing the system.

I actually think - 'I feel sorry for you and your children'.

We waste a lot of money in this country, we spent billions on a T&T system that doesn't work effectively. We are spending billions on HS2, which I think could be money spent better in other areas. We spent hundreds of millions on PPE equipment in the pandemic that was not fit for purpose.

Is giving a single mother with multiple children an extra £20 per week really what we should be focusing on? It comes down to priorities, my view is that I think there's far more extravagant wastage in this country than this.
    Last edited by WBA123; 10-09-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I don't look at anyone on Universal Credit and think 'I'd swap my life for yours' even if they are abusing the system.

I actually think - 'I feel sorry for you and your children'.

We waste a lot of money in this country, we spent billions on a T&T system that doesn't work effectively. We are spending billions on HS2, which I think could be money spent better in other areas. We spent hundreds of millions on PPE equipment in the pandemic that was not fit for purpose.

Is giving a single mother with multiple children an extra £20 per week really what we should be focusing on? It comes down to priorities, my view is that I think there's far more extravagant wastage in this country than this.

That's where we differ massively, you're willing to accept billions in wastage on people who can't be a r s e d and would rather focus on the elite who plunder the system.

In my eyes they are both equally culpable, both are taking away from genuine cases of need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)