+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Brum Away - Scores on the Doors?

Short one as I'm in the Nahe wine valley for a few days......

1st half neither side looked like scoring apart from the 2 chances we gifted them..couple of errors from Roos but he sorted the danger himself. Not the cause of either goal. We looked the more likely side to score in the 2nd half until that bad attempt at a ball down the left which was always going to be intercepted and they scored from it. Individual errors the root cause both goals. Individually and collectively need to improve but they were no better, despite all their long throws into the box.

Nice to see Knight's almost ready. Get the other crocks back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm bothered that we are being coached to play toour weaknesses not our strengths
    Nutshell time. You just have to wonder what is going on...and it is becoming impossible to avoid Swale’s conclusion in post #8.

Sorry, MA...seldom disagree...but they were better in every area...not least because they are coached to play to their strengths. Choose a best XI from the players on display last night and there wouldn’t have been one included wearing a Derby shirt.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Nutshell time. You just have to wonder what is going on...and it is becoming impossible to avoid Swale’s conclusion in post #8.

Sorry, MA...seldom disagree...but they were better in every area...not least because they are coached to play to their strengths. Choose a best XI from the players on display last night and there wouldn’t have been one included wearing a Derby shirt.
    For their second goal the scorer should have been marked by Byrne. I couldn’t tell if he was asleep but if he was upfield by tactic, yet again it’s the wrong tactic, don’t push both fullbacks up if there’s a high chance one’s going to lose it in his own half. Both goals our fault

There was one moment that, for me, summed up last night. Derby were defending either a corner or yet another long throw into the area, effectively the same, and the commentator dryly observed...there’s Jutkiewicz being marked by Byrne. Said it all I’m afraid.

The build from the back mentality is ok but not every f**gin time the worst culprit is and I've said it before is Buchannan, his mindset is always back. He's got to get that out of his head we can have a throw in in their half and it's slung back to the centre backs
    and Roos needs to get more vocal and stop looking so nervous and quicken up is thought process ( unless we are winning)
    Other teams have work us out , but its not hard, press press press our back line and keeper !!!

I know there are mitigating circumstances...there always are...but of the managers who’ve ‘managed’ more than twenty games since we moved to PP, Rooney now has the worst PPG record since..........Paul Jewell!
    In some ways I sympathise, and it is possible to see an improvement in the one touch build up ‘box to box’ play...but if he’s responsible for the current strategy questions have to be asked.

I'm trying to hold off criticising him this season as he's under difficult circumstances, but I can't forgive last season when he DID have a full and capable squad.
    So its wishful thinking that this season he will make the right decisions, with less players and no strikers.
    Our best hope is that he gets a better offer so we don't have to pay him off.
    Disappointing that we're conceding when we have 2 highly experienced at top level central defenders, they have to take responsibility on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I'm trying to hold off criticising him this season as he's under difficult circumstances, but I can't forgive last season when he DID have a full and capable squad.
    So its wishful thinking that this season he will make the right decisions, with less players and no strikers.
    Our best hope is that he gets a better offer so we don't have to pay him off.
    Disappointing that we're conceding when we have 2 highly experienced at top level central defenders, they have to take responsibility on the pitch.
    Admire your patience...but I don’t think it matters how experienced (aka old) the central defenders are if the full backs are making basic errors or going awol. The aerial defending, of what was a bombardment at times, by both CD’s and the ‘keeper wasn’t where we failed.

Its time to agree the points deductions with the EFL now before they realise we don't need a deduction this season to get relegated and hold off so we get it in League 1 next year........

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Its time to agree the points deductions with the EFL now before they realise we don't need a deduction this season to get relegated and hold off so we get it in League 1 next year........
    There's no doubt we don't need the Mafia to relegate us we are more than capable of doing it unaided!
    We will always concede and it appears we will only score when Aries is in line with a red balloon!
    Oh well, we might score occasionally in the 3rd tier!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)