+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Brum Away - Scores on the Doors?

Matchday thread: Brum Away - Scores on the Doors?

Can only see Rooney going extra defensive in this game, playing 1-4-5-1. What do you guys think?

One all draw is my prediction.

Be delighted with a rerun of last season but wouldn’t be too unhappy with another away point.
    Strangely tonight’s squad doesn’t seem that much weaker than the team that won 0-4 just after Christmas at St. Andrews.
    As I remember it Rooney was out-managed by Bowyer in the return match. Let’s hope he’s learned.
    2-2...with a little bit of luck for once.

Surprisingly for me I fancy a sneaky win

Then a run of consecutive defeats as we start to play the better sides in the division (and lets face it there are probably 20 of them!!)

Dear Wayne,

Don't play a system your players aren't capable of enacting. You'll take us down with this approach

Edit and don't try to get your keeper to play football. Kids only turn to goalkeeping because they are sh*t outfielders, Roos is showing that to perfection. And he's not a great goalkeeper
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 10-09-2021 at 07:42 PM.

I am really struggling as to why Rooney thinks Roos is better than Marshall, but also I agree with AF, Derby are playing themselves into trouble, its nerve shredding every time Roos has the ball. I get that we want to retain possession and not get pressure by kicking it out up field, unfortunately we just seem to create pressure and resultant mistakes in the back four.

I love GP's optimism, Brum are not a bad side, so a draw would be a good result - on this form we are going to be bottom by the end of November, Rooney clearly hasn't learnt anything - I foresee a sting of games where we dominate possession and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I am really struggling as to why Rooney thinks Roos is better than Marshall, but also I agree with AF, Derby are playing themselves into trouble, its nerve shredding every time Roos has the ball. I get that we want to retain possession and not get pressure by kicking it out up field, unfortunately we just seem to create pressure and resultant mistakes in the back four.

I love GP's optimism, Brum are not a bad side, so a draw would be a good result - on this form we are going to be bottom by the end of November, Rooney clearly hasn't learnt anything - I foresee a sting of games where we dominate possession and lose.
    I've got a Brum fan (actually an employee but whatever) texting me from the ground saying they are LOVING Derby's tactics, they think Roos is their secret weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Dear Wayne,

Don't play a system your players aren't capable of enacting. You'll take us down with this approach

Edit and don't try to get your keeper to play football. Kids only turn to goalkeeping because they are sh*t outfielders, Roos is showing that to perfection. And he's not a great goalkeeper
    Posted much the same ‘letter’ after the Forest match. He never learns. Self inflicted nonsense.
    Also horribly ill disciplined but that’s what happens when you’re outclassed and out thought. We really are in massive trouble.

P.S. Not why we lost...but how the hell can Sky say referee Gavin Ward had a good game? He’s been dire imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've got a Brum fan (actually an employee but whatever) texting me from the ground saying they are LOVING Derby's tactics, they think Roos is their secret weapon
    That was ****ing embarrassing, we are doomed. lets just go into administration and get it done with, then maybe someone will buy the club and come Jan we can start rebuilding, get a decent manager (i.e. one with an actual clue, some experience and the required qualifications), have a season in L1 and go from there.

Agree with everything that's been said, chuck in a 9point deduction and we are dead, buried, dug up, a stake driven through the heart and then cremated.

I'm not even bothered that we didn't play especially well, I'm bothered that we are being coached to play toour weaknesses not our strengths

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)