+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth v Barnsley match thoughts

Do we know when Morris will be back, is it as bad as we first thought and a possible 3 month absence.

Hey anyway, if one awful thrashing and performance like today (and possibly at Stoke as well) is needed for us to make changes, then I will take that.
    But this can't be allowed to carry on for too long now can it ?.

We'll see what Schloppys made of when he's got them2 BELGIUMS and all the players out of the treatment room fit minds yeah a P45 for him might come quicker

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    We'll see what Schloppys made of when he's got them2 BELGIUMS and all the players out of the treatment room fit minds yeah a P45 for him might come quicker
    Hey Grassy, that worries me that we've been hearing about these two Belgian club strikers for ages now, like they were meant to be the next best thing etc.
    But aren't we putting a lot of faith into these two, who are still unknown at this level and they could be a waste of time ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 11-09-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Hey lads, lets cheer ourselves up a bit tonight ehh lol, think about the time we won at Liverpool in the Fa cup.
    Last edited by Acido; 12-09-2021 at 03:20 PM.

What concerns me is this. Schopp has had the longest window he will have this season to work with the full squad and prepare his tactics and players for this match. He wont have that luxury again.

When the teams were announced, those of us on here said immediately this is going to be long day, well probably get hammered. If we can see that, why cant he?

What could he have done differently?

Well for me Williams is no championship player and shouldnt have started. Our best wing back is Styles and he should have played that position. He isnt proven in CM and hasnt got the physical attributes to cope with BIllings. I would have matched Halme up with Billings and made him battle for possesion.

We were lightweight up front and although I dont think Vic is championship level I would have played him today and asked him to knock a few about. Odour would have missed out on this occasion.

It has been said that they have better players than us and I agree but selecting a team to play them at their own game was never going to get us anything from todays game.

Thas a lot of learning to do Mr Schopp in a very short time or were going to be in trouble.

Repeat this mistake at Stoke and well get bettered again.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Acido - I think it was an excellent window - but under the circumstances we are lacking in one position.
    All other bases are covered except for one - and incredibly it was that position that all our success last season was based on - namely, target strikers.

Animal - if we go 343 then dosent that mean some of the play is ‘direct football’?
    Which dosent add up if we haven’t got a target striker currently available.
    As I’ve said - our most productive period of a game last season was when both target strikers were on the field at the same time.
    Nudge you can't play 3-4-3 and play out from the back .

3-4-3 is Mick , Warnock and Val football .

Schopp has to get the extra man in the midfield and go with the five .

If he wants to play it long when he's got some personel back and play with a high line then fair enough .

Except that doesn't appear to be his philosophy .

We've got the players to be comfortable enough at this level , there's enough talent here .

If the results are shyte and we look totally disorganised then I'm afraid to say we've hired a lemon .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Grassy, that worries me that we've been hearing about these two Belgian club strikers for ages now, like they were meant to be the next best thing etc.
    But aren't we putting a lot of faith into these two, who are still unknown at this level and they could be a waste of time ?.
    Phil Gridelet will be fit before them …….

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I can remember Val stood in the technical area with steam blowing out of his ears as he watched a dire performance at Cardiff in one of his early games .

Things clearly were going to change .

He put his own stamp on it very quickly , changed the formation and style of football .

Everyone knew their jobs and what was expected of them .

We started to win games and climb the table .

I'd suggest at the moment the players aren't sure what they are doing out there .

The players seem to be caught somewhere between last season playing 3-4-3 and a different style this .

The end result is you end up doing neither .

3-4-3 is pressing your tyts off for 60 minutes and change the front three .

A high defensive line .

Alex Mowatt .

Daryl Dike .

Val .

Change the fecking formation Marcus .
    I hate to say it,good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    "Grids" ready in two weeks reports Keith Lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Phil Gridders lol, did he ever play in the first team ?.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast